• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What do you think of my reel?

Sure, it's half-decent, but it feels more like a cinematography reel than a directors reel. For a director's reel I would expect it to show a few self contained clips from scenes with some dialogue rather than a montage. The music and sound mix is odd too, the music feels completely disconnected from what's going on on screen and is a little distracting.

I have to agree with IDOM.

I don't really get the point of director's reels in the first place, given that no-one should hire you for work without seeing at least one of your projects all the way through, and this shows off your cinematographer a lot more than it shows you. The adjusting aspect ratios and volume levels are also distracting- like IDOM says, I'd like to see at least one completed scene in its entirety.

I have to agree with IDOM.

I don't really get the point of director's reels in the first place, given that no-one should hire you for work without seeing at least one of your projects all the way through, and this shows off your cinematographer a lot more than it shows you. The adjusting aspect ratios and volume levels are also distracting- like IDOM says, I'd like to see at least one completed scene in its entirety.

OK, thanks chaps.

Very interesting and appreciate the time you took to have a look.

Back