what do you guys think of lost?

I didnt find a section for tv shows.
What do you guys think? greatest show ever? overrated? I loved the way they tied in all the stories, though the end coulve been more explained

Hands down one of my two favorite series. Cant say enough about it. I loved it...each and every episode i was glued to it. Beyond upset that its over....like you said, i loved how they tied everything and how everything would come together

lost....you will be missed.

the end coulve been more explained

They all died in the very first episode, during the plane crash. For the remainder of the series, they were in purgatory. In the final episode, the good stuck together to defeat evil, thereby gaining entry into heaven.

Or, something like that.

Confession: I only watched the very first episode, and then never watched it again.

The deaths happened as they did throughout the series. The people that got off the island just died at some other point. The church was a meeting place for everyone so they could progress together.

Once the creators set an end date, the show was amazing.

They all died in the very first episode, during the plane crash. For the remainder of the series, they were in purgatory. In the final episode, the good stuck together to defeat evil, thereby gaining entry into heaven.

Or, something like that.

Confession: I only watched the very first episode, and then never watched it again.

The producers of the show repeatedly stated that this (your assessment above) was not the case.

I have to get the DVDs...never watched an episode, and I love Fringe, so JJ Abrahams is good in my book.

slowpoke.gif

The ending was horrible and ruined the whole series for me.

You can't end a series based upon mysteries and unanswered questions with "God did it" and expect the viewer to be happy.

I, on the other hand, think that the ending was one of the best show endings...ever.

I was just kidding about all that other stuff (hence, the confession).

So, were they actually on a crazy island with smoke-monsters? Was it an inter-dimensional thing, or something?

I thought this was one of the greatest TV series ever made until the last season.

For the first 2-3 seasons it was
wavering between spiritual and sci fi. In the 4th and 5th season they firmly went sci fi. Then for the 6th season they went firmly the other way and it didn't reconcile.
So we're so supposed to accept all the scientific mumbo jumbo about time travel, the experiments, magnetism, polar bears, sharks genetically engineered AND that all of this operated on an island with some people with super powers to grant no aging and that the people 'created' a purgatory where THE most important people are only those from the island who can figure it all out and move on in the after life?

Even for Stephen King that would be pretty convoluted.

On the production end, I think that most people online guessed early on that they died and the island was a form of purgatory, so the writers went the opposite direction. Then as people figured out the sci fi angles, for the final season they decided to have their cake and eat it too and went spiritual. Also it was the ONLY way they could get all the cameos from characters who died.

The show thrived on the premise that life is full of mysteries, and answers always lead to more questions. How you deal with these questions and answers is a matter of character. That WAS the show. If the show came right out and answered everything with a tidy explanation at the end, it would essentially negate itself...defeating its own purpose. To me, that would have been cheap.

I was just kidding about all that other stuff (hence, the confession).

So, were they actually on a crazy island with smoke-monsters? Was it an inter-dimensional thing, or something?

To answer this, I'd refer back to my previous post and say ... well, there is no real good way to answer this. It is better left unanswered. Sounds like a cop-out, I know. But that's what it is (again, to me...)

wait what the fuck... see i stopped watching at about season 5... because it started getting crazy... and i honestly thought that it was what all the spoilers said until season 4 or 5 came around... then i was like "oh they are just trying to hard" so i quit... then i just read the spoilers from you guys... and you mean i was right to begin with...

so basically... i saved my self the trouble not finishing it because the last few season were just them making money and being happy ... not about the story anymore until the very end... ok i get it...

what ever... i enjoyed the first 3 season... after that... meh

THE WIRE ON THE OTHER HAND... oh dear lord omar is my hero... im so excited he plays the same kind of character in boardwalk empire

man i love well written shows... the wire is the best overall show i have ever seen... aside form season one... and only season one of californication because it was never supposed to be more than that... and now they are killing the show...

so like i said... THE WIRE RULES YOU!!!!

I haven't seen it, but I keep hearing a LOT about the final season/final episode being disappointing from a number of people.

Without giving away spoilers, was it jsut a matter that it didn't "Fit' with the rest of the series?

I stopped watching halfway through the second season and never watched another episode. The Inception school of "whoa look how cool we are with this really convoluted plot with 84,000 twists" just doesn't do much for me.

THE WIRE ON THE OTHER HAND... oh dear lord omar is my hero... im so excited he plays the same kind of character in boardwalk empire

THE WIRE is amazing. One of the most realistic portrayals of cops and drug dealers EVER to grace a television set. It exposes the futility of our law enforcement without denigrating the people doing the job.

i think all the side twists add to this particular story in a good way. still getting over my depression ( i finished it a couple of weeks ago, finally) any other show that can somewhat fill my void?

Back