• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Welcome to the Rabbit Hole [Feature Film 62 Mins]

This film cost £10 to make and it's far from perfect- the acting is pretty wooden in parts and some of the writing is a bit bubblegum- still, it would be great to hear your views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSsvv1K05WM

Cheers,

Firstly, congratulations on completing your first feature.

It looks like you made it as a learning experience to understand how to make a film rather than making something with your heart, should and passion in the emotions and visuals. There are a million tricks you could've used to make this better but the 'feel' is of an experienced film maker just figuring it all out.

In addition, keeping the cost down is smart as it's better to screw up a £10 production, rather than a £20k production. This looks super-smart.

Hey man, thanks for your comment. Yeah, I agree it was a huge learning curve, especially with the writing. The biggest lesson I learnt from it was if you want your audience to feel something, you should never think 'they will love this', 'they'll find this funny' etc... you have to write what you love, what you find funny, what you have a desire to see in a scene. I felt the opening sequence and the black and white flash back scene towards the end did this more than all the others (these were the two scenes I put in at the very end of the process). Looking forward to bringing those lessons into the next project.

Thanks for watching and thanks again for your comments.

Back