tv Walking Dead TV episode in theatres

sfoster

Staff Member
1508512884_walking-dead-boss-greg-nicotero-says-zombies-will-win-the-rick-negan-war-variety.jpg

You could watch it for free with commercials... or you can pay and go to the theatre to watch this episode of television :lol:

Pretty interesting event.. I have moviepass so I'm going to see if I can watch it for free tomorrow at cinemark

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the-walking-dead-fear-the-walking-dead-theater-screening-1202728638/

The companies are bringing the episodes to over 750 theaters nationwide on April 15, the same day as the TV airing, for “Survival Sunday: ‘The Walking Dead’ & ‘Fear the Walking Dead.'” The episodes are set to mark the first crossover between the two series.

The in-theater experience will also include an extra half-hour of exclusive bonus content, making the screenings begin at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT instead of the on-air 9 p.m. and 6 p.m., respectively.

My prediction... negan and rick kill each other to teach the audience a lesson about letting go of hate.
That's a wild prediction though so I wouldn't bet on it :lol:

The show runner has said

“This episode isn’t just like these 15 episodes coming to a conclusion, but Angela and myself and the writers had always talked about this in many ways being sort of the conclusion of the first eight seasons,” Gimple explained. “This show will be very much a new show next year and with a bigger, new narrative. It was something I was really excited about getting into even before season 8. And so there was just a certain weight in the air of the kind of conclusion that we were getting closer to.”

Movies on TV... TV in... theaters...

Just goes to show you how far TV has come, when it used to be the red-headed stepchild of movies.

Imagine, in 1986, they tried this with Matlock. :rofl:

Just picked up my ticket with moviepass.
It's playing in two theatre and theyre both packed!

Looks like a successful venture for AMC

Well that was peculiar.. it felt like television still. especially with the aspect ratio.
Not something I would do again

I loved it!

So much fun to watch the finale on the big screen with a bunch
of like-minded fans. There is just something great about sharing
the entertainment experience with others.

Lots of cheering and gasps and fun discussion after the screening.

I loved it!

So much fun to watch the finale on the big screen with a bunch
of like-minded fans. There is just something great about sharing
the entertainment experience with others.

Lots of cheering and gasps and fun discussion after the screening.

I think a big impact on my experience was squirming around trying to get comfortable in the chair.
Its a "luxury" recliner but I'm 6'4" and I don't fit in it.

Porbably because it's tv and I could just as easily have been more comfortable at home it bothered me more than usual

Back