vivitar wide angle and telephoto lens

Hey all. I'm looking at getting a couple lenses for my camcorder, and wanted to know what you guys thought of the vivitar wide angle and telephoto lens? I'm not wanting to spend a ton of money and they look fairly decent just wanted to get some feedback before I dropped the cash for them.

Oh and the camera I am going to be using these on is a Canon Vixia HF M40.

Hey all. I'm looking at getting a couple lenses for my camcorder, and wanted to know what you guys thought of the vivitar wide angle and telephoto lens? I'm not wanting to spend a ton of money and they look fairly decent just wanted to get some feedback before I dropped the cash for them.

Oh and the camera I am going to be using these on is a Canon Vixia HF M40.

Hi,

I have a generic wide and telephoto attachment that I use on the exact same camera. I used the wide attachment in the filming of this short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHQtpOu2bA

I'm not sure how much the Vivitar is, but I bought a no-name brand from Amazon and it works pretty well.

For photography those things are pretty hideous, but for vids they might do I guess. I'm not familiar with the quality of your cam and where it's limiting you though.

A quick googling says that your cam has a 10x zoom? So i'm guessing something like a 28-280mm equiv? If so then, the wide angle would probably be more useful to you than extra reach.

If it we're me I'd probably be spending the cash on other more useful accessories for sound/lighting, or putting it towards a better camera in the future.

Hi,

I have a generic wide and telephoto attachment that I use on the exact same camera. I used the wide attachment in the filming of this short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDHQtpOu2bA

I'm not sure how much the Vivitar is, but I bought a no-name brand from Amazon and it works pretty well.

Did you get any vignetting with your wide angle? The reason I'm looking for lenses is because I read that to do effective action scenes involving a fist fight the wide angle was pretty much required to help sell the fight. Of course I really have no idea.

Back