Virulent: A Coronavirus inspired Scene - What If Covid turned 100% Fatal 😳

Hey there,
Im fairly new and just wanted to share our most recent scene.
Shot on the A6600 with a 2 person crew.
Days of shooting 1 day.

Nice camera work! That shaky camera look gives it some urgency. One scientific issue that critics will inevitably bring up (if you haven't already dealt with it in the script☺) is a virus' inverse relationship between transimissibility and severity. Generally speaking, the more deadly it is, the harder it is to catch it. Otherwise the virus would just run out of hosts and die out, which no species wants to do. That's why ebola has an 80% fatality rate but you have to get up close and personal with someone to actually catch it. Thoughts?

Hey,

I totally get what your saying. The faster you die the less chance to spread to more people. This is more a what if it morphed into an extinction level bubonic plague type of thing where life is basically being wiped out. What would you do? I know if your start digging its easy to unravel a story like in Star Wars, well why did the death star have a big hole you could shoot down to blow it up? beats me. I think the main take away is more what would you do in a situation where the end of humanity is here. We didn't want to focus to much on the science so we didnt explain too much other than its very deadly. Thanks for taking time to watch it

This is more a what if it morphed into an extinction level bubonic plague type of thing where life is basically being wiped out.
Overall, a good bit of work, but like TheBragi says, hyping up the deadliness of this disease (to 100%, no less) is a bit of a distraction. Even if people aren't fully tuned in to the science of epidemics, they'd usually know that there are always some people who are resistant or immune (most documentaries on the bubonic plague will make reference to how it was great for the people who survived! :metal:)

What I got out of this scene, though, was something that we're seeing all the time with the coronavirus: the guy just doesn't make the link between his own signs of disease and the near certainty that he's already passed it on to his girlfriend. Sending her off "to be safe" somewhere else is just going to spread the plague further. In the end, she shows the better judgement by choosing to stay.

Back