Viral Ad!

Yes I said viral. And yes, I put an exclamation mark after it.

You're a bunch of filmmakers, right?

Well I'm looking for a viral ad or viral ads for my website which is relaunching on Monday. Something funny or mysterious that we can throw up on YouTube and Vimeo and get people to head on over.

So I thought I would open the opportunity up to this funny and mysterious community of people. Consider this Poptent but without the massive rewards.

I'm looking for either ideas that I can do myself but which'll be snazzy or people who'd be willing to try their hand at creating something themselves. I can't offer much of an incentive but I try and be a nice guy and will return the favour as soon as I can! :)

I'm not looking for masterpieces, just 20 seconds of footage that people might watch and subsequently follow a link to the website. That's all! :lol:

Any ideas? !Gracias!

What about something like, "A movie site made by a film maker and contributed to by film makers."

Make it stand out compared to other review sites.

A bored clapper... like that slow, unenthusiastic clap with a bored look on your face when someone does something stupid... some ass clown does something stupid (possibly naked lol) in the office for attention, cut to the bored clapper, then your graphic. The Clapper Bored and some slogan about what your website is.

What about something like, "A movie site made by a film maker and contributed to by film makers."

Make it stand out compared to other review sites.

Nice tagline :) Not sure how I could turn that into a viral ad though... :weird:

A bored clapper... like that slow, unenthusiastic clap with a bored look on your face when someone does something stupid... some ass clown does something stupid (possibly naked lol) in the office for attention, cut to the bored clapper, then your graphic. The Clapper Bored and some slogan about what your website is.

:lol:

If I can make this idea work then I swear to God I will. Very good ;)

If anyone makes me a video (here comes the bribery) I will throw a link of their choice up on the website homepage when it launches next Monday. Should be a tasty amount of traffic coming our way (fingers crossed)...

Nice tagline :) Not sure how I could turn that into a viral ad though... :weird:

If I can make this idea work then I swear to God I will. Very good ;)

If anyone makes me a video (here comes the bribery) I will throw a link of their choice up on the website homepage when it launches next Monday. Should be a tasty amount of traffic coming our way (fingers crossed)...

I want Jeff for this. He would be perfect.

Jeff? Where are you, Jeff?

You could have some kind of shot were you see a seen in the background and the clapper stands there very unenthusiastic doing his job. And it is like the 100th take he is very bored and just stands still instead of going away.
The director starts screaming about how he should get out of the way but he stands still bored as ever. The director then asks "who are you anyway".
He simply answers:
-I'm the clapper and I'm bored.

A little idea you might wanna adept at some level! :)

Ok, so

Opening scene, man sits in small london flat, flipping through television channels. grab half a dozen clips from "TV burp" (britan's version of talk soup) put clips on television, cutting from one clip to the next under fake channel flips (ala robot chicken) (maybe some inept dancing, followed by lame magic trick, doctor who turns back alien invasion force with pen light, etc. You know, the BBC)

Camera zooms in on man sitting on couch. VO. "Suddenly find yourself interested in movies?"

Man on couch picks up movie clap board, and claps it shut, cut to, CGI logo for clapper podcast

VO "The Clapper Bored, Brittan's number one source of entertainment until the next Harry Potter film"

Please use some of Nate's $1 stock Red clips to make your V-ad.
Support our brother in need.

Seriously, though...

Edit together 17-18 seconds of yourself or a designated spokesman totally botching take after take after take of your 2-3 second ad to come on over and see your site. Clapperboard snaps at the beginning of each 1/2-1 second flub.
- flub the intro line.
- flub it again.
- FINALLY! but the boom mic on a pole drops in the way.
- try it again, boom operator apologizes. You give him the stink eye.
- one more time... the light burns out.
- "Aw, c'mon, man!"
- Someone knocks something over off camera.
- just stare at the lens.
- do the dummy take.
- do it again, and the director/cameraman yells at you off camera.
- sneeze.
- fart.
- just start laughing.
- cell phone rings.
- "What the h3ll's the line?"
- get mad at someone
- transpose some words
- "THERE'S A BEE! A BEE! A BEE!"
- "i gotta take a break... "
- boom operator is now sitting where you were just standing, munching on a burger.
- he stops mid-chew, looks at the camera lens, eye's narrow.
- boom operator walks into screen from turning on the camera himself, delivers the line flawlessly, goes back and turns off the camera.
- You come back from break and flub the beginning of the next take
- Then you deliver the line just fine.

These are all very good ideas but you need to take into account a few things. Firstly I'm not a very good filmmaker (certainly not when I'm on my own), secondly I don't actually own a clapper board (I just use the electronic slate on my iPad) and thirdly I want to get this done by the weekend!

This is an idea I've had:

If everyone here submitted a 5 second or so video of themselves (webcam or phone footage would be fine) doing a sarcastic slow clap then I could edit all those videos together and say something like: The Clapper Bored- Home of the Sarcastic Slow Clap...

I don't know! You lot have vexed me even more :D

Place pinky finger between opened hatch of slate

roll camera

introduce self

slam clapper down on pinky, feel compelled to curse and cry

add tag: Clapper... Bored...

Immediately post

?????

Transform to win.

Place pinky finger between opened hatch of slate

roll camera

introduce self

slam clapper down on pinky, feel compelled to curse and cry

add tag: Clapper... Bored...

Immediately post

?????

Transform to win.

I don't have a slate though!

Why do all the best ideas involve slates? :lol:

Nick, I am just going to throw this out there but might it be that SOMEONE have a website called the CLAPPER bored;)

Get someone to film you eating a pasty with a very intent and concentrated expression clapping a clapper board very loudly to make pigeons fly away.

Back