• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch very short film test, any opinions?

so i made this when i first got my canon t2i back in august. i used the kit lens along with the 50-250mm zoom lens. i had to film it myself with a tripod so that's why scenes aren't very sharp because i couldn't focus on my self to well while filming myself. but any advice on the cuts and flow of it? thanks (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLe0XCJICOY

The editing is actually quite well-done, I must say. Kudos to you on that. However, you should probably work on your lighting and/or color correction skills (something I need to do too, so I'm afraid I can't give you any specific advice on that!). The look was rather flat and inconsistent. But yeah, nice job overall.

ok, thank you very much for the advice. My color correction has gotten better and im glad you thought the editing was good. I felt as if it flowed pretty well. and yeah had no light source at all. any advice for light kits? im looking for one for good use indoors and also outdoors such as lighting up a dark woods ect.

I'm no lighting expert, but I have been expirementing with some new techniques, and in my newest film, I played around a lot with color correction, highlighting/shadowing, and all that fun stuff, here's the link if you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2CcxJFIsbo

Also, my friend showed me this guy's tutorial on some good techniques for indoor lighting, I haven't had the chance to test it yet because I haven't really shot any indoor scenes, but he uses the three lighting technique where you have your "key light" which is the main source of light, a "fill light" and a "rim light" which is also called your back light, then he adds a "cookie" which is basically a piece of cardboard or poster board with a design cut into it that you place in front of one of the lights to add a design against your backdrop to make sort of add a new artful dimension. I'll try to find the link on his video. There are so many techniques to lighting however, really I believe it comes down to trial and error; like everything in film, the rules are more like guidelines ha ha (to an extent).

Back