Uwe Boll on Crowdfunding

It's almost like he has 3 days left on this campaign and wants to get some press attention...

hahaha, indeed.

But instead of blaming Kickstarter he should check his stats and rewards, because the popular ones are all taken.
Except for the $1,- pledges, all the rewards are limited and the ones still available add up to $31880,-

So in total he could raise $55182,- if all rewards will be taken.
This means there is a 10% overflow possible on the goal.
But 1 reward costs: $5000,-, 5 cost $3500,- making a total of $22500 depending on 6 big backers.

So, I think there is a lesson in this:
check the mix of your rewards and adjust it if necessary, with respect to promised limited editions.

It is easy to blame others.
But if you don't see you have popular rewards that sold out, you don't understand that crowdfunding is a marketplace :P

I wouldn't blame him either. Crowd funding is not for everyone. "A man has to know his limits," as Dirty Harry used to say. Very few artists make great sales people. That is an entirely different discipline. They need help in sales work. Now, he knows not to try crowd funding again.

No one is to blame. If he were to try it again, then, he would be to blame. "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Third time? He should have learned.

But, I do have advice for Uwe Boll, however you got the $20 Million or so to fund Blood Rayne is the way for you to fund your future movies. And, I do consider the first Blood Rayne movie to be Uwe Boll's finest work. It was an entertaining movie that did a decent job of bringing a comic book \ video game hero to life. Here's a thumbs up for a great job. If crowd funding is making you feel discouraged, look back to Blood Rayne as something you did good and move forward.

Last edited:
Back