Using license music on Indie

I was wondering if I can edit in License music for my film shorts to be shown in the "Screening Room" forum

I understand that if you are not making money from the movies and its not being entered into a festival in which charges money then you're not breaking copyright laws if you own the music.

so in short, I was wondering if I could put Radiohead on my indie or do the Admins still have a problem with that? I just have a couple of songs I would like used in the story without using the free songs offered on here.

It's Copyright violation anytime you play a song for a group of people... it's the same law the (technically) prohibits teachers from showing movies in the classroom... you're not allowed to use copyrighted material for anything but your own listening/viewing pleasure, I believe.

Hmm, well i use it anyway, unless I'm going to sell it. I had a post in the screening room where i had used an uncopyrighted song, so...unless you're in a contest, making money or a real festival, i'd think it doesnt matter. You're the one breaking any laws that might exist...atleast i think so. And i doubt it matters too much anyway. But dont take my word, better get a real answer from Indie first.

rizien said:
Hmm, well i use it anyway, unless I'm going to sell it. I had a post in the screening room where i had used an uncopyrighted song, so...unless you're in a contest, making money or a real festival, i'd think it doesnt matter. You're the one breaking any laws that might exist...atleast i think so. And i doubt it matters too much anyway. But dont take my word, better get a real answer from Indie first.

Yeah , thats what I thought too.

I want to know what the Admin here thinks.

Back