URSA Mini 4k Unboxing & 3 Week Review

Unboxing my baby and some thoughts after three weeks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=R4db9mLWWDU&feature=youtu.be

good vid, if I were to go for a BM camera it would have been the 4.6k version as this is practically the same as the box camera just with better ergonomics.

I dont get why they didnt include built in ND.. its just stupid.

the screen is glorious.

its a 50/50 cam for me and I just dont like the image from it (yes i may be a minority)

excited to see your productions from it.

good vid, if I were to go for a BM camera it would have been the 4.6k version as this is practically the same as the box camera just with better ergonomics.

I dont get why they didnt include built in ND.. its just stupid.

I thought the only difference was the sensor.

They don't build NDs in, because is too complicated. Lesser moving parts is cheaper too build.
That is also why their first camera had an internal battery that could not be exchanged. (Talked about it with a BMD rep.)

Last edited:
The thing about the 4.6k is that it's not out yet ;) I want to shoot NOW, not wait around for something that has no definite release date. It baffles me how theres a lot of people who talk down on the Mini 4k, like it's inferior somehow. The fact that it's been released, to me, makes it far superior, and the image is better than anything I could of purchased even a year ago.

Its like there's "filmmakers" that talk about making films, and there's those of us that actually do it. Not saying this applies to anyone here, just an observations. The ones that talk are also seeming to be the ones quick to dismiss the Mini 4k.

its a 50/50 cam for me and I just dont like the image from it (yes i may be a minority)

excited to see your productions from it.

I'm not crazy about what I've seen so far but what I've seen may be under-representing the camera. Specifically, under-exposed, over-coloured etc... I'd like to see what a skilled film maker does with it.

Want to see what El Director doe with it.

If you have any trailers, shorts etc..., would love to see them.

Most of my previous work was just with the T2i, I did one short on a Scarlet. I'll be doing a short in April with the Mini based on my time being homeless in the mountains of Montana, so that'll be a nice test :)

Back