Upgrading

Hey everyone! I recently attempted indiegogo-ing my first film project "Why Teach?" which would allow me to upgrade from my old camera to a new one as well as editing software, green screen, and the works that would make the movie more professional looking... sadly... it didn't work. Haha.

I was depressed, but no longer! Well kinda... yea I am. I ended up getting some money still due to a family death :(

Now I know it might sound bad to be using my will money to get a camera... but if I buy anything I want it to be something that I'll never get rid of, something that will create memories and provide me with what I need to progress my experience from an amateur (newb) to a more seasoned semi-professional? You see I'm the founder and president of my high school Video Production Club and have been since my freshman year going into my senior in the upcoming year. I plan to double major in college, one being in Film.

Now to the upgrading camera part... Currently I use a Sony DCR-SX45. Yea... cheap little handycam.. it was the best I could afford at the time.

So now I'm thinking the T4i... I was recommended getting one from the Tupelo Film Commission.. and I have some experience using a T3 in Yearbook.

I would love to hear your suggestions for what to get. I have 1000$ to spend... I was thinking the T4i and I could get a mountable mic as well..... what do you think?

Back