Upgrading to HD from Canon XL2...

I've been using the Canon XL2 for about 2 years now. It's been a very good camera and I want to hang on to it but I'm looking to get an HD camera. After some research I'm looking at the Panasonic Pro AG-HVX200A. I do a lot of outdoor/fishing videos, as well as independent movies. Has anyone had any experience with the Panasonic, or have any advice to offer before I make a purchase? Thanks.

If you want to upgrade to HD, I would stick with Canon and go with the Canon XLH1.
It handles pretty much the same way but it's in HD.

I would agree, and I've seen the price for about $3500 online. Here is one location you can get it cheap.

http://totalprodigital.com/home/pro...d=112&osCsid=bca6e6ffb9ef089be147536d42cc17a3

I would rent both cameras for the weekend and test them out. Take as much footage you can and see what you get from both. Also, check to see if all the accessories (filters, wide angle lens, etc.) you have for the XL2 fits with the XLH1. I will more then likely be upgrading to the XLH1 if I ever go HD because then I will be able to use most (if not all) of the equipment I bought for my XL2.

Also, read up on reviews on both cameras from many different locations online.

Back