Upgrade hard drive

I can't afford an external harddrive for now, since they are over double the price of internal harddrives.

I'm looking at a 80g or 100g harddrive as my secondary, as I do have 40 one, but my 'pinnacle studio 9' takes up almost half of it because of all the extra stuff that comes on the CD.

I would like to upgrade my RAM but can't do that to date. I know it's still worthy to get the bigger harddrive, and hopefully my editing program will work in it.

Editing with Pinnacle Studio 9. I had problems, because my footage wouldn't be in equilibrium in movement and sounds. I did upgrade one part so far and that was up Windows XP.

Pinnacle minimums: 800 mhz, 256 ram, 98 se (have) windows XP

Hopefully when I upgrade to a larger secondary harddrive, this will solves some problems in my editing program.

My system:

384 ram
***upgraded*** to windows XP from ME
two harddrives C: 20 gig, D:40 gig.
runnning at 733 Mhz

1. Is having and 'external' harddrive better than having an 'internal' harddrive?
2. Do you think the larger harddrive will take away some of editing problems?

thank you

marcel

'hmmmm

CommanderGoat said:
If upgrading you computer is this big of a deal for you financially, then why don't you take this same approach with an editor? I'm sure you could find one that will work on deferral, or perhaps one that will just work to have an editor credit in a feature length film. Plus, you may find an editor with a badass computer, so you won't have to buy one yourself.

I've been thinking about this, all day.. I DO have a bad ass computer. :hmm:
But wondering if this would work for you logistically. See I'm in Chicagoland, and your in Canada.

I'm nearly done with the current project I'm on and will be open. How good of an editor am I... I have no idea. And I'd do it for credit, and if you make money and want to show some appreciation, then I'm all for that too. :D

The hard part might be turning your baby over to someone that you can't just sit down with and hash it out.
It might be a mutually beneficial situation though. You think about it too and we'll talk.

thanks for the offer CootDog, but I wouldn't have the slightest clue how'd you be able to edit my film from Chicago, while I'm in Edmonton, Alberta.

Act II of my script is a very tricky edit, because one day I shot the mime mask and my voice. Another day I shot myself as my character talking to the mask. The two conversations by have to edited, because I have to read the script and edit at the same time.

I did upgrade my computer. I will have to get to work soon on my editing and see what becomes of things. I might have to use Pin9 for now, since it can copy and paste a CD song directly into the program. Not sure if Premiere 6 can do that.

thanks all

marcel

Very cool... I'm glad you were able to update the PC.

I believe that in Premier you can scrub the sound so you can match it up perfectly.

Good luck and let us know your progress... if you need any help.. this is the place to ask.

Back