Tween scene craze

anyone a bit annoyed by the hole tween flicks that seem to be out numbering films with more realistic dialogs.

I mean lets face it. Ever since 9/11 and Bush pleeding to Hollywood to make films less violent I have notice all these "Pricess Diary" style films. Stuff with Freddy Prince Jr. or even Chick Flicks with that British guy (Hughs?)

What happen to all them cool older PG flicks like from the 70s like Planet of the Apes or Soylent Green?

UFO movies or even R rated teeny flicks with more realistic characters.

I went and seen Boogyman last nigth and it was OK until the end and it felt like it just dragged on. Lame ass ending too.

KG--my take on it is this...Hollywood has identified a demand for movies and they are filling it. They have also determined that movie theater audiences are more 'young' than 'old'. Therefore, you are now seeing horror movies that SHOULD be rated R (ie: Alien vs. Predator, King Arthur) cut down to earn a PG13 rating. You also see more tween-romance movies. A PG13 will do better at the box office just because more kids go to the theater than adults (or, so I've read...)

Fortunately for us, we have an alternative. Those of us who appreciate movie more like what you mentioned can turn to other markets, foreign and indie. Maybe not at your local theater, but at least we can get them on DVD.

As for the tween movies--I really can't complain. My daughter eats them up. I don't know if you have any children, KG, but it truly does change your perspective on many things.

Back