Turnhere

Anybody seen/heard anything about Turnhere.com? I just saw a post on craigslist and thought it looked interesting and thought others might be interested too..

I'm not entirely clear on how it works from their post, but it looks like they pay for shorts about your hometown. Sounds neat to me.

Here's the post I read (with links removed):

The increasing popularity of online video films is providing up-and-coming filmmakers with an expanded arena to showcase their work and get noticed. However, very few sites pay money for this talent – but rather consider payment to be inclusion of the film on their website.

TurnHere, a new Internet video production company, is seeking professional and independent filmmakers – who it pays for their work and creativity – to participate in an ambitious initiative which is chronicling life in American neighborhoods across the country through 2-5 minute short films made specifically for the Internet.

TurnHere is essentially making the largest documentary on American culture ever made. Films should be artful and high-concept, focusing on the people, culture, history, local businesses and political landscapes across America. Importantly, the site is highly viral, as each film has it’s own unique URL which can be forwarded via email.

Mods, move this as appropriate, thanks.

Edit: looks like they're running a contest too... Details

Last edited:
Back