• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "Trinket" Trailer - Fantasy/Adventure Short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4uvXZOQP90

You can help vote for this short film on Reddit: http://ow.ly/sXTn8

Thousands of years ago, an evil entity named Umbra was unleashed that consumed and destroyed a distant world. When a young girl finds a mysterious trinket buried in the Earth, she unknowingly releases Umbra and consequently her sister's soul is transported to the desolate world.

This is where she meets a lonely wizard named Balthasar. He tells her the only way to stop Umbra from destroying her world is to find a secret gateway and free Balthasar before the Earth is consumed into darkness.

12147728086_55bb5677ca_z.jpg

www.dlwatson.net/trinket-movie
Follow @ Facebook: www.facebook.com/dlwatson.filmmaker
Follow @ Twitter: www.twitter.com/dlwfilms
Follow @ Google+: wwww.plus.google.com/u/0/102902814062771955606

12147727776_c82c695455_z.jpg

Trinket is a fantasy/drama short film that shot from September 2012 through January 2013. I successfully raised over $3000 on my indiegogo campaign but even so, this was extremely low-budget. I shot it on a Canon 550D with Magic Lantern and a Rokinon 35mm F1.4 through the entire shoot.

12147470244_7c27e5e9bb_z.jpg

I shot at three major locations - Dee Wright Observatory, Deschutes Lava Lands, and a small local park in Eugene Oregon. The film stars local talent Peter Anthony Holden, Madeleine Young, her real life sister Abigail Young, and Hunter OGuinn. Makeup by Juliette Sanchez. I wrote, shot, directed, edited, and made the visual effects for the film.

The film will be publicly released sometime within the year. Stay tuned for more information at www.dlwatson.net

12147469974_bb91df2db3_z.jpg

Last edited:
It is. You seem to have a good grasp of how important the sound is to your (perhaps over) dramatic shot.

As I said, it depends on your delivery of your promise. If you can deliver a professional result (the visuals would be my main concern) you'll have a great future.

It, and you, have potential. A lot of potential. Please don't waste it with a sloppy execution. Please make sure your final product is as good, if not better than your trailer.

Back