Trailer for "Detours" feature

mlesemann

Staff Member
I'm delighted to share the first trailer for my new feature (I wrote & produced) "Detours." IT's own Cracker Funk did a great job cutting the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?v=KQO-ucdsXbA

It's a road movie starring Tara Westwood & Carlo Fiorletta as daughter & father; the rest of the cast includes the amazing Richard Kind, Paul Sorvino, & Michael Cerveris.

You can read more about it here:
www.detoursfeaturefilm.com

Last edited:
You Never Know...

:huh: This trailer looks fairly great, in addition; I'd like to add the film looks rushed. It seems as though the film will be slow progressing and quite not-so-original.

Looking great guys! I've enjoyed seeing this progress and seeing CF get onboard with the BTS.

This could do with verification from APE or Alcove, but to me the sound mix on this trailer isn't quite right. Struggled to hear some of the dialogue with the music level, and there were also moments where the atmospheric noise from scene to scene was cutting too abruptly. I think that a smooth audio landscape for a trailer is a tricky thing to achieve, but definitely worth doing.

This could do with verification from APE or Alcove, but to me the sound mix on this trailer isn't quite right. Struggled to hear some of the dialogue with the music level, and there were also moments where the atmospheric noise from scene to scene was cutting too abruptly. I think that a smooth audio landscape for a trailer is a tricky thing to achieve, but definitely worth doing.

Agreed on all the points you made, plus some others. For example, as far as storytelling is concerned, one of the most important sounds is the face slap at 0:44 and yet a click at 0:01, mouth clicks at 0:05, 0:16 and excessive essing and "t's" in various other places are all more pronounced than the face slap. There's also an issue with dialogue perspective in some cuts, other basic dialogue editing/mixing errors as well as the cardinal sin mentioned, of difficult to discern dialogue.

The actors involved and the "look" indicate a small but decently budgeted professional production aimed at the commercial marketplace but the sound indicates a firmly amateur nano/no budget production aimed at the self-distribution marketplace. I don't mean to appear in anyway insulting but I don't get it?

G

Back