• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Tis the Season of the Witch

Hello, Indietalkers!

I decided to create this post so anybody who may be interested in following the progress of my next film may do so. I'll be uploading behind-the-scenes stills, screen shots, and anything else I feel is interesting and/or exciting such as funding updates, cast announcements, etc.

I'll try to do this as visually as possible.

* Scroll down for the most recent updates *

8673038425_8c4d47696c_z.jpg

Plot Outline

An ancient power struggle between warring spirits is about to be rekindled in the most unlikely of places: a small-town high school in the Midwest. Now Charlie, his best friend Griz, and amateur reporter Phoebe must unlock the mystery, stop the evil forces that threaten the school, and save prom all in one, blood-soaked night.

Teaser One-Sheet

8673015461_0813e758b2_c.jpg

Set Construction

8673011183_8079a822a3.jpg

8674191266_87c4af6623_z.jpg

8674112454_ab13570190.jpg

More posts to follow!

Last edited:
Verrry nice!
And, my! What an excellent work space you have.

I look forward to seeing how this develops, Dr.D. :yes:

Thanks, Ray and Josh! Here is what the building looks like. It's really large actually but the only downfall is it doesn't have any bathrooms/running water but we do have a cabin just down the road.

Before we turned it into our temporary studio lot.

8673272979_e89d432a34_z.jpg

8674377902_e8aaa44214_z.jpg

A little better view of the building. Yes, that is me! Haha. I was caught off guard! :)

8674396678_fea96d3556_z.jpg

Last edited:
I guess the rights to this song would be prohibitive, unless you can get an indie band to cover it for you (and even then)....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92HjH1GG3ro

Alcove - that's a great tune!! I had never heard of that until your post. I am also aware of that film along with Halloween III: Season of the Witch. I'm okay with the titles being similar. Ours has that little Christmas vibe to it with the "Tis" part. Haha.

I like all of the (dead?) vine-looking things! What fogger/hazer are you using?

Have you tried this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-creepy-fake-spider-webs-fast-and-easy/

I love the texture of the surface under the book.

Those shelves are pretty creepy. A little more fuller's earth might make things look more ancient, though. Where did you get that cool-looking skull on the wall?

I'm not just jealous of the space-- the LCD display on that RED costs more than my whole camera.

Whatcha usin' for lighting? The screen grabs look very nice.

Thanks, Miles!

Mannie Bothans - the fogger was one that I had stored in my garage that I purchased at Walmart for Halloween about 8 years ago. The book was on a fake altar carved out of foam to make it look like stone. We used real vines (tree branches) from a nearby tree that had recently died.

The skull on the wall is a real-deer skull. It's pretty cool (but smells when you touch it).

For lighting we used 1 650-watt fresnel with a softbox from Cool Lights and ECO Punch Plus LED

Some more screen grabs!

8700762991_53deab48a2_z.jpg

While the crew was setting up the lights:

8701887260_5839435101_z.jpg

My current favorite.... mysterious....

8701887740_f21140f7b1_c.jpg

Hey, all!!

For the longest time I couldn't sign into my account because my password didn't work and the answer to the question about Jurassic Park wasn't working either!

Tis' the Season of the Witch is STILL (unfortunately) in pre-production. We had script readings with a lot of people, including professionals who do that for a living, and our script wasn't strong enough to move forward. Subsequently, we went back to more script revisions. That, paired with not having raised the entire budget, has led us back to pre-production. However; I'm not all that sad because the script will be stronger and it gives me time to do 'things' the right way.

Trying to pre-sell Tis' the Season of the Witch is a big priority for me.

For the longest time I couldn't sign into my account because my password didn't work and the answer to the question about Jurassic Park wasn't working either!
Bah!!
I hate password management.
Too many of 'em.

Stupid people.
Leave other people's shhhstuff alone, wouldya?

Tis' the Season of the Witch is STILL (unfortunately) in pre-production. We had script readings with a lot of people, including professionals who do that for a living, and our script wasn't strong enough to move forward. Subsequently, we went back to more script revisions. That, paired with not having raised the entire budget, has led us back to pre-production. However; I'm not all that sad because the script will be stronger and it gives me time to do 'things' the right way.
Hmm...
Difficult, hard news, but very likely for the best.

I respect this approach.

Don't wanna see no cr@p film outta you. ;)

Trying to pre-sell Tis' the Season of the Witch is a big priority for me.
Well, that is a big challenge.
That's some fairly decent stakes you got goin' on.

Certainly higher than the usual direct-to-youtube or hosting distributor route.

Good luck and best wishes.

Please keep us abreast of developing details! :yes:

Back