• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Time Remapping with FCP (seeding up)

Hi I'm just about to go into a music video project using FCP where the director would like to do alot of time ramping (remapping?).
I have found the function very hard to use as it's so sensitive. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to ramp the speed of an image the best??
Thanks
G

Last edited:
Man I have spent tons of time with FCP's variable speed and have had limited sucess with it.
The idea is to be able to vary the speed of the particular clip as it goes from beginning to end without changing the duration of the clip. In the linear tape editing world, Sony would call it "Dynamic Motion"
on its BetacamSP and other decks.

Unfortunately, my attempts to use it have resulted in not what I expected, nor anything approaching what I wanted to achieve.

I've read everything the manual has to offer on it and still havn't figured it out. I know that there are some homemade filters out there that are supposed achive the same results with less headache's, but their names escape me right now.

Back