• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

thriller with no villain?

I keep writing treatments for my thriller raise britannic. the problem is i cant get the villain right. The villain is supposed to be trying to stop the main characters from convincing the UN to raise the britannic in order to get the cure for the virus, but it feels as if it wouldn't make sense for anyone to want to stop the saving of mankind from the virus in order to keep his government agency busy. he believes that they cant replicate the cure fast enough to save billions of people so he'd rather no one have it. He wants to do absolute quarantines shooting anyone infected, and bombing infected areas, but that would be the opposite of what someone who is trying to save the world is trying to do.

I was going to remove this villain entirely, i got the history of the virus right and where it came from and why no one has heard-of it until present day.

i did attempt to add another villain in the form of a jamestown like cult that kidnaps the protagonists sister in order to keep the govt. from finding a cure because they believe that the virus is gods justice. that didn't work at all. I only added that villain because i thought i needed more action because the plot didn't move very fast and it felt like i was writing a treatment for a cheesy ABC family or WGN series pilot or a fox family channel movie treatment. (i think ii have seen too may b movies)

the first half was set on an airliner with a bunch of infected people and it was way over dramatic and the main character a reporter she had to land the plane.

I've added some new characters and gotten rid of old ones in a new ones one isn't too likable.

i was thinking about just getting rid of the villain(s) altogether since all it did was give the main character a reason to run around with guns and stuff and for cars to flip over and blow up.

i alo made the main character a charter plane pilot this time around and since her client is a rich gospel rapper the plane is better :-D

Back