• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Thoughts On This WIP Edit?

Okay, so, we wrapped up shooting my new film on Friday. Right now, I'm working on my edit, so I decided to try and get some input.

This is basically just picture edit. It still has scratch audio and no colour grade, so try to just look at the edits themselves. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

So, unless the final version has the most incredible narration in the history of the world, this film could be way shorter. Like, maybe it should be 30-40 seconds long. I dunno, tough to say without the added context of audio.

Yeah, so this feels far more like we are sitting with you in the editing room going over all the takes we got to start to pick winners as opposed to an edited narrative. i'm not as optimistic as Cracker Funk that audio of any sort could turn that vibe around, but who knows.

Despite a couple of jarring camera shakes I thought everything technically looked solid enough (sans correction/grading of course) and the actor was believable. Remember to always watch out for your reflectors/equipment casting shadows, especially on windy days.

Last edited:
Back