• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch THOUGH I WAL THROUGH THE VALLEY (Trailer for our short film)

14936178503_0f59d2d9fb_o.jpg

Didn't want to miss the opportunity to advertise our upcoming short here, as well. It was shot in Germany in German, so why post it here? Frankly to get an international perspective on it. What's an American, English, Aussie etc. filmmaker's take on it. Would you like to watch it? We actually plan to go on international festivals with it, but first want to make our homework.

(A little disclaimer: I do not know how to make images smaller in here, but I'll do so if somebody in here knows how to pull that off. Just tell me! :))

Anyway - let's raise the curtain!:

THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY
(Original title: Und ob ich schon wandert)
Our new short film

Facebook-Page | Like! | Share

Previews:
Teaser
Trailer

Make sure you click on the little |CC|-Button to get English subtitles.

(Yeah, trailers for short films are borderline-useless - unless you crowdfund your film and want to raise an appetite so that your fans open their wallets and become supporters.)

Other videos:
Crowdfunding-Pitch (Unfortunately not subtitled at the moment)

Plot:
While they struggle to find their way out of a collapsing copper mine, two students trigger the interest of an ominous presence dwelling the old mountain - a presence that tries to put their loyalty and compassion for each other to the test...

As all of you might already know, the title refers to Psalm 23:
Though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil:
for thou art with me

Status and Production Information
Shot in German and Germany, this movie was financed via Crowdfunding on startnext.de. It was shot in German copper mine Grube Wilhelmine in the north of Bavaria and has entered post-production. Sound editing and color grading are about to start, the work on VFX has already begun. After completition it will have its online premiere for all crowdfunders - among which are also some Americans and we're damn proud of that :) - it'll begin its theatrical run on German speaking festivals at first. After that, we'll tryv to make our way to international ones. And if that will have worked out fine (and even if it won't), the film will be uploaded to vimeo with english subs.

Screenplay / Director: Matthias Noe (that's me)
Producers: Dominik Lando und Matthias Noe
Leading roles: Benjamin Hübner & Franziska Herrmann

Detaillied Credits | Crowdfunding-Page (both in German)

Tech Specs / Additional Information:
Cameras used: RED Epic / RED MX (both First Unit) / Nikon D800 (Second Unit, some shots with stand ins)
Running time: approx. 12 minutes
Days of shooting: 2
Official site | Wikipedia (both German)
Google Maps

Software Used: Premiere & After Effects CS6 | Red CineX Pro

Last edited:
From a non-German perspective

I don't speak German, so all I had to go on were the visuals, sound design, and overall tone.

I liked the sound design in the teaser. It built suspense. The part where it shakes and debris falls was kinda cheesy. Overall, it did not make me interested in the film.

Maybe if I could understand the dialogue, it might have been more effective for me.

Ok. Was it the execution you found cheesy or the overall concept to be too predictable, too unspectacualar or too un-mysterious? Because we wanted to go for mysterious on that one.

Did you watch both previews? Would be interested in your opinion about the 'larger' trailer. You can click on the little CC-Button at the bottom of the video window to get English subtitles.

Cheers,
Matt

Last edited:
Back