There was this place I once knew...

It was magical. There was this place where one could go to make friends. Filmmaker friends. Real filmmaker friends. There was a legitimate possibility that you might collaborate with some of the filmmakers you met here. You might actually meet them in real life, and become actual friends and filmmaking collaborators.

That's what this place used to be. It used to be filled with joy. It used to be a place where people who had no real resources were encouraged to find a way to make films. We used to encourage each other. Because any filmmaker knows that every filmmaker needs encouragement.

Positivity. That is what this website is sorely lacking. I've been here long enough to know that that's the entire fucking purpose of this website. Read the rules of the forum. This is a forum that stresses positive interactions. If you don't like that, you don't need to be here.

Just giving you yet another heads-up. I'm bringing it back. You've got a few days to join in the party or get the fuck out.

I've IRL collaborated with probably a half dozen IndieTalk members, which has been great. Even on my latest project there were two other IndieTalkers providing key functions.

I agree: that's definitely the spirit this place should poster, rather than petty, anonymous antagonism.

With that in mind – and as a symbol of our commitment to positivity – let's finish that Community Project!

I've IRL collaborated with probably a half dozen IndieTalk members, which has been great. Even on my latest project there were two other IndieTalkers providing key functions.

I agree: that's definitely the spirit this place should poster, rather than petty, anonymous antagonism.

With that in mind – and as a symbol of our commitment to positivity – let's finish that Community Project!

Yes! I'm obviously juggling lots of things. But I'm stoked to see you back on the forum. I'm stoked to see Dready back on the forum. It's time for me to put the Community Project at the top of my priorities!

I would say we need to get some 'MAKE INDIETALK GREAT AGAIN' hats but then I remembered filmmakers are more of the t-shirt ilk.

Either way, let's do SWAG.

I would say we need to get some 'MAKE INDIETALK GREAT AGAIN' hats

Trumphat2.jpg

I couldn't agree more with the positive attitude. I know i'm in the same boat as a lot of people, and that is we are interested in getting started, but need some guidance and a little support. There is a seeming belief that if your first project is outstanding, then it isn't good. Bad can be really good, depending on who made it with what. I'm all for a positive place to grow and get better.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Cracker. It's also refreshing to see you so active on this site lately

It was magical. There was this place where one could go to make friends. Filmmaker friends. Real filmmaker friends. There was a legitimate possibility that you might collaborate with some of the filmmakers you met here. You might actually meet them in real life, and become actual friends and filmmaking collaborators.

That's what this place used to be. It used to be filled with joy. It used to be a place where people who had no real resources were encouraged to find a way to make films. We used to encourage each other. Because any filmmaker knows that every filmmaker needs encouragement.

Positivity. That is what this website is sorely lacking. I've been here long enough to know that that's the entire fucking purpose of this website. Read the rules of the forum. This is a forum that stresses positive interactions. If you don't like that, you don't need to be here.

Just giving you yet another heads-up. I'm bringing it back. You've got a few days to join in the party or get the fuck out.

If you need positivity go facetime your nanna, otherwise prepare yourself to be ran over by my superior intellect.

Yeah, I'm not around as much as I used to be. In part because my interests have moved in a different direction. Not really doing film scores right now, and not looking to do one (though maybe in the style of my non-film music, for the right project, but that's a different discussion). Still been trying to do a drive-by every once in a while, at least to post my stuff, and trying to post in other threads.

This site, in the years I've been around, always had an ebb and flow to the quality. Around the time I left, things were getting kinda toxic around here. I knew it would come back, but didn't have the patience at the time to either stick it out or do something about it. But I appreciate the sentiment, and glad you're trying to encourage some discussion. And REAL discussion not just the "I'm right and you are wrong because I say so" crap that I was seeing around here.

And really, this site will always have a home in my heart. I've met some great people, and collaborated with a LOT of them! I want this to be a place where I can get excited reading about other people's adventures and seeing their art again. So fight the good fight, Cracker Funk!

Back