• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Theme transition

Hey guys,
Shot micro short movie today (30 secs long) with a couple of friends, but have a hard time putting in the music together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq8cpPNQ3dY

Do you think the transition from 00:11 to 00:13 is good enough (as far as smoothness), or should I have some kind of additional sound effect??

Maybe something like do a close up on minivan shaking, with couple of bassy "boom" on each jump cut?

I just need an additional pair of ears :-(

Depends on what you're looking for. Real down and dirty... the way I would do it would be some mechanical rumbling combined with thunder rumbles for the rocking van, the van sliding door sound combined with more thunder, and the thunder crack to finish off, music starts when the masked dude comes out of the van. Pitch down his voice to make it more menacing, but pull it down in the mix.

I'd stop the beat and wait a few seconds with a low drone of a contrabass or synth and build up the reveal of him jumping out of the car. But Alcove's idea would be awesome.

Can you add a quick crescendo just before the cut? Then, cut out the music, completely, for just a beat. When we see the van rocking, instead of the music fading in, bring it in with a strong down-beat, at full blast.

Also, nice work -- I got a good chuckle out of it.

ROC: I just put each "actor" in the car, closed the doors (great soundproof room lol), and put the camera's mic next to them.

Had to try several distances between camera's mic and the actor, just to make sure it won't get distorted..

CRACKER: Good idea! I'm going to try that out.

ALCOVE: I lowered the growl of the wrestler, and it sounds fantastic!

Last edited:
Back