• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Waitlist (Short student film)

Just wanted to share a video I worked on for my class:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W070LWNUkcU&list=UUQlsb8FY-qLzHE7lfuxj2UQ&index=1

We had a week to do it, and the criteria was creating a dialogue between 2 people (with one person rejecting the other) and using multiple locations. It was actually required for me to add the class too :lol:

Fun facts: Shot on my GH2 + Panasonic 14-140mm with my cheap shoulder rig. I just wanted this to be a quick / "run & gun" type of shoot (so no setting up a tripod or anything!). I actually had my Rode NTG2 attached on my camera to use (hooked up with a juicedlink) but I forgot to bring the 2.5mm cable to hook into my GH2, so all the audio is straight from the camera!

Pretty good job. Liked the student actor a lot. He was real believable.

The note on the door, on the other hand was 'less believable to me.'

No modern day school would risk a lawsuit by posting something that confidential about an employee.

I was also left wondering 'what crime' the professor committed.

Did I miss something, like perhaps he was stealing cars?

Thanks for your comment :)
Good point on the note being less believable. I was originally going to put in another scene at the end with a 3rd person saying "where's my car!?" to show that the professor's "crime" was stealing the car but didn't have time to shoot that.

My professor told us previous examples of students doing random actions (like robbing a liquor store / bank) while talking about something completely different. So I went with that idea of a conversation about adding/petitioning for a class while the professor was stealing the car in the beginning.

Should've given the professor a funny mustache, would have added to the comedy and given him more "aged" look. Also, I recognize OCC. Cool!

Back