• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Violinist - DVX100B with SGBLADE and Nikon 50mm

Another 'walk into focus shot'...I hate to keep pointing this out, and I don't mean to use your short as an example...but it bugs me. Why don't you get a focus point from the first mark, and then shift with the walk to a second focus point?

I think you guys have some nice shots, and the quality of the camera image is nice as well.

I think your focus work in general is too loose, and I would have prefered to see the camera locked down on sticks a lot of the time...but your handheld wasn't that annoying.

The story was weak, but I can see this as being a fun short to hone your skills.

I'm sorry if this is a harsh review. Congrats for jumping in and shooting this...keep them coming.

Good luck on future projects.

Quick and to the point.

- One line of dialogue was not needed at all. You never needed him to say anything about breaking up. Without it we all could have figured out what was going on anyway. Which in a sense is a good thing because everything thing was effective up to that point. Once he said "break up" I was kind of insulted.

- This short was small 'n' quick and I really can't comment on the shot set up and such.

- Sound was basic but effective.

- Acting was fine and both did a pretty good job. I even heard the main character add in a few things which made it sound realistic.

- Lighting was basic and really not going to comment on it. Not incredible but not horrible either.

Good job for a little film like this.

Last edited:
Back