• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Ultimate Challenger Official trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjP0Lrpba4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjP0Lrpba4
Just a few weeks ago, I came up with an idea for my first film. As I was playing Street Fighter I noticed how easily this could be put in a good movie. So I looked at the past fighting movies and they were awful. At that point I made up my mind to make a fighting movie that was actually good. This time there wont be any disappointed gamers. I did not want it to only be Street Fighter, so I set out to ask other people the time of fighting games they enjoyed playing. I came back with alot of different ones to choose from. So I just decided to include at least one character from the really popular fighting games. Which were Street Fighter, Tekken, King of Fighters, and Marvel vs. Capcom.

After I decided on plans and everything, I looked around and the only things I found were my dslr, a tripod, and some people. I had no costumes, no stabilizers, and basically nothing to make a movie that isnt just some fancy youtube video. So I frantically was looking for a means to be able to make this movie happen, and someone referred me to kickstarter. I looked on the site and noticed how generous and supportive people can be, and now I am here now trying to promote m campaign. Thank you guys for hearing me out and if you could please help us out, I promise, there wont be any disappointed gamers or indie film lovers.

Synopsis:

EM Ops is a military operations department working for the government. They are ruthless and will do anything in there power to get the perfect soldier. There research department have just recently produced a serum that strengthens and amplifies a human's abilities. They are searching for someone to use it, because if any random person uses it they will die. The serum will only work on the human who's abilities have almost reached their peak. In order for EM Ops to find this person, they hold a fighting competition to find the chosen one. In the movie fighters from different fighter universes have been captured and are being held hostage against there will. EM has taken their families hostage, and if the chosen one is not found the fighters and their families will be destroyed.

tumblr_mnh3zjbvWZ1rjgcvdo1_500.gif

Hello new dude :cool:

What are you planning to do with the film? I'm 99.99% sure that the war, nature, and space clips you have in your trailer were not made by you. If so, you may run into copyright issues with the release of the film. You may want to hunt around on royalty-free video clip sites if you haven't already.

The trailer is a bit long. Not much is going on. There's no BANG! to start off the trailer, which is why most indie films fail. Because of the internet, people have very short attention spans. Many people turn off trailers within 5-10 seconds. Another thing that I think could help the pacing of the trailer, is showing, not telling. I'm really sick of trailers that tell me the story. I want to experience the story. If I wanted to read or hear the story, I'd get a book or recording of that book.

The last few shots bothered me as well. I don't mean to offend you, but those kicks and fighting moves looked somewhat amateurish. Quicker editing, faster camera movement, some foley, and possibly some VFX would greatly improve those shots. Check out these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWwlxaqvFtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUF7QtDgk4o

Some more shots and scenes would be nice as well. Looking at someone's hands was slightly boring. Maybe some better fighting shots, and closeups of the main character's eyes and mouth could help. It looks like you went out with a friend, quickly shot some footage, and complied it with a voiceover and clips you pulled off of Youtube.

I don't think it's that bad. I think you really created a mood and tone well through audio and visuals. You show lots of talent, but I think that the trailer needs some refinement and trimming.

I wish you the best of luck with your Kickstarter campaign, and with your career as a filmmaker.

Good luck! :)

Back