• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch the Replicant - short film

http://thirdreel.com/the-replicant/

Film by David Walton Smith

Presented by Butcher Media

In Association With BarnFly Productions & Rosslyn Entertainment

Starring Chad Curry and Philip Cohen

Ethan Delaney visits an underground cloning facility to better his life. His future self is confronted by a ghost from the past.

Last edited:
Good looking movie. Amazing the production value you can create with a few rolls of plastic. What were you using for light behind the sheets to get it so diffused? I like too that all the actors don't look like teenagers. Good work mate.

Excellent picture. Some of the dialogue didn't play well at the end. I would have liked the end tension to be played up a bit. The ending was predictable so it needed something. It wasn't clear if he was one of the few people who survives the transfer, or if they routinely kill the original. As a viewer, I would have liked it hinted which was the case. I might have had him look at a picture of his wife before undergoing the procedure. Then when he awakens and is stumbling about, he sees his wife's body. (I have a thing about continuity in stories.)

I give you kudos. It was a very clean production and enjoyable to watch.

I think this is a very solid project. I do think, however, that there is too much good about it to let slip some of the bad that is sprinkled throughout. You're walking a tight rope. You emulate high budget looks, but then some shots are noticeably amateur...you have to be careful. I'm only being picky...just be aware that it stood out to me this way. Be a little more diligent with your audio I think...that will help also.

Don't get me wrong...I think it's pretty cool. I also don't know the circumstances of the shoot. Just my two cents.

Good luck. Nice idea. Love the sci fi.

I think this is a very solid project. I do think, however, that there is too much good about it to let slip some of the bad that is sprinkled throughout. You're walking a tight rope. You emulate high budget looks, but then some shots are noticeably amateur...you have to be careful. I'm only being picky...just be aware that it stood out to me this way. Be a little more diligent with your audio I think...that will help also.

Don't get me wrong...I think it's pretty cool. I also don't know the circumstances of the shoot. Just my two cents.

Good luck. Nice idea. Love the sci fi.

what shots didn't you like?

what shots didn't you like?

The second the car shot and dialog started, I instantly new what to expect. The audio and shot stood out right away in comparison to the previous media before it. And like I said...it's shots like this which stand out throughout. Don't get me wrong, a lot of shots are great with nice cinematography and the like. It's just there are parts of the production that stick out if you know what I mean. :) It's so good...I wish it were better. If you know what I mean. You are at the level where you can't skimp. Especially since you're instantly putting BLADE RUNNER in my mind from the get go...BR and Matrix are insanely high budget beautiful films...you are going for that style and look...it's not there yet if you know what I mean. :)

Solid work at the level you guys and gals are at. Keep it up.

. Especially since you're instantly putting BLADE RUNNER in my mind from the get go...

Solid work at the level you guys and gals are at. Keep it up.

I agree, and that's good and bad. Good because people will immediately be interested in clicking, bad, because as Michael say, if you invoke that legacy, you have to be will to bring the A game...not saying you didn't, just commenting on titles generally.

Back