The Indie Gathering

The film I finished about this time last year, 109, took 2nd place (first loser, heh) in the pre-festival judging in the Horror-Comedy category at this festival. It's in Hudson Ohio (outside Cleveland) and this is their 13th year. They are screening it and I plan on attending, so if anybody is in the area come out and say howdy. Also, if anybody has any experience with this festival,. let me know what to expect.

Congrats! My movie Surviving Family www.survivingfamily.us finished 2nd in the feature drama category, so I can definitely relate!

I won't be there because I will be at 2 west coast fests, but my husband, Carlo Fiorletta, will represent us. He was the exec producer, did a ton of the casting, and had a small role in the movie.

I've been there several times. It's a nice little fest - mostly filmmakers there. I've met a number of people who I'm still in touch with. Kristina Michelle & Ray Szuch, who run it, are very nice and super enthusiastic.

Congrats! My movie Surviving Family www.survivingfamily.us finished 2nd in the feature drama category, so I can definitely relate!

I won't be there because I will be at 2 west coast fests, but my husband, Carlo Fiorletta, will represent us. He was the exec producer, did a ton of the casting, and had a small role in the movie.

I've been there several times. It's a nice little fest - mostly filmmakers there. I've met a number of people who I'm still in touch with. Kristina Michelle & Ray Szuch, who run it, are very nice and super enthusiastic.

Congrats to you as well!

Yes, that's the vibe I got, small fest, but one that treats the filmmakers well.

Dam Short in boulder city Nevada is that way. Not a huge fest, but they make you feel like they care about you and your film.

Congrats to both of you! A friend of mine won the short horror script for "Driving Nowhere" this year, and some of her music is in the short horror winner, "The Farm". Just noticed that the first feature I scored ("Fetish Dolls Die Laughing") got honorable mention. I think I have a show that weekend, but if I don't, I might have to make the trip. If I do, Gonzo, I'll let you know!

Once again, congrats to both of you!

I have NOT figured out the mysteries of the festival circuit.
We're doing ok so far with the feature, but...plenty of stuff that doesn't make a whole
heck of a lot of sense to me, including movies that get into some of the biggest fests,
and when I watch them I just say "huh?????"

Decided not to attend.
Local art group here is doing a Lovecraft inspired art show and they want to screen a couple of my films (including Kohlman Files pilot if it's ready). Plus I couldn't get my producer or any other crew to go and me attending a 'networking" event is the biggest waste of time ever. I'd sit in my hotel room the entire time and not speak three sentences to anybody else there.

Back