• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Crossing

Please Visit for more information.
www.indiegogo.com/thecrossing

“The Crossing” is based on the crossing of the river Styx.
A mythological river that forms the boundary between Earth and the Underworld. This story is told set in modern times through the misadventure of William. Who being late to meet his girlfriend (Jess) for dinner, rushes into the street and is hit by a cab. William wakes up in the afterlife yet he is still determined to make it to dinner.
The cab driver is really Charon the ferrymen who transports the souls of the newly dead across the river Styx into the underworld. Now that William is dead he is having flashbacks of Vanessa(Williams Ex) the one who got away. This film is full of romance and regret. How the past can cast a shadow on the future.
Please visit
www.indiegogo.com/thecrossing
and give us some support.
Thank you!

Last edited:
oh dear, first of all you should have checked your spelling! if you think someones going to invest money in you then the least you could do is spell SINCE properly and not as SENSE.

makes you look extremely unprofessional.

i also think you have made the mistake of basically asking money for camera equipment which i doubt anyone will pay for.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I'm not sure what I spelled incorrectly. I am dyslexic so I make mistakes like this often. So if you could please tell me what I made a mistake on that would be wonderfully helpful.

Your right, I didn't mean to offend you. Do you have any recommendations for me? I would be forever in your debt if you could give me some advice. I must make this film. Its something I have to do. Do you know the feeling?

Your right, I didn't mean to offend you. Do you have any recommendations for me? I would be forever in your debt if you could give me some advice. I must make this film. Its something I have to do. Do you know the feeling?
Who else shares this feeling about watching your movie once it's made?

THOSE people are the one you request funds to make your movie happen.

If it's just you + your feeling... and that's it... then that's all the funding sources you have.
But if you can get some other folks to share that same feeling + cough up some dough then you're good.

There aren't too many genuine fools with discretionary cash.
Most fools get stripped of their discretionary cash PDQ.
That leaves you with just miserly, tightfisted bastards (such as myself) who are always looking for "a next best alternative."

FWIW, I'd never goto Home Depot or Lowe's and ask other customers to pay for my deck building or bathroom refurbishing supplies.
But that's just me. :)

Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback rayw. Your direct and honest, and I respect that. I will edit the video, and work on my over all marketing strategy.

Do you like the concept of the film?

i was going to add in my original message if you try to decide to play the dislexic card, then its no excuse, i know loads of people with dislexia who overcome this problem by simply getting someone else to read it, im assuming you still have parents so you should have asked them to read it over to check for any spelling mistakes.

and its in the beginning of your project.

also if you think your going to get $10,000 with that project then think again, you have 0.00001% chance.

i understand that you have no camera, well its tough bananas really.

but its not over, do you know someone that has a video camera? or an iphone?

use theirs, beg, borrow and conquer.

also you appear very young, perhaps you should get someone older to do the project video for you may come across better...

Back