• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The BBC Interviews Ten Dead Men Sales Agent...

Very interesting! I was at Cannes this year shooting part of our JFT movie.

You know, is it possible for a producer to get a market pass, arrange a screening and sell the film without the services of a sales agent?

Cheers Knightly - funny enough we didn;t even know about this until we found it by accident. From this the BBC came to our shoot yesterday to do interviews etc. Been very good to us!

Eddie yep you pay for it. When i last went it was around 180euros each. The screenings are areound 350euros for the smallest screen with just 50 seats BUT it's not worth it. Screenings are mostly attended at this level of film by people who are just there watching movies. Best thing is take 400 dvd's and give them to EVERYONE. That's how a lot of people I know got their movie taken up

BUT i would NEVER sell a movie without a GOOD sales agent as that is a good way of getting ripped off (I know on this TRUST ME!). Yes they take 20-30% BUT they handle the legal, the markets and teh chasing saving you tens of thousands.

Ok, so a sales agent will pay for themselves.

Is there a marketplace for features shot on mini dv? Like a Canon XM2.

With what camera did you film "Ten Dead Men?"

Good stuff, Phil. Does the BBC have a Filmmakers Channel or was this a feature from a show on the BBC? If it's the latter, network coverage is big stuff. If it's the former, any coverage is big stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Did you keep the film in B&W or bow to the sales agents wishes?

And when is "Left For Dead" available in the US?

Back