The Bad Economy Seems To Be Effecting Entertainment

MDM - yeah I meant that as no insult BTW.

Did you know Avatar was the #1 grossing movie of all time as well as the #1 pirated movie of all time?

I understand.

But, from a marketing end, selling the actors and the movies is what it's all about. If they were A-List actors, the movie would sell like hot cakes, even if the public is unfamiliar with the movie. Distributors program the public to buy names.

As a little guy who is unknown, I have to sell a good looking cast. I've got to do whatever it takes to get copies of the movie out to the public to start a fan base.

I remember overhearing a fight over the telephone with an Actor because his name's font size was smaller than a certain size on the poster.

I remember overhearing a fight over the telephone with an Actor because his name's font size was smaller than a certain size on the poster.

That sounds like Tom Cruise.

It was good to get the actresses there with us to promote the movie. One of them was telling me I need to get up and sell them to the fans because she didn't want to introduce herself to fans at first. I asked her what would she do if she ever had to go on an interview on TV alone and tell the talk show host about her character and the movie. I told her NY Comic Con is a good place for her to get into practice of answering questions about her character to fans. After a while, she got into it better. It's a good learning experience for them.

Back