Texas Film Maker

Hey guys and girls I have recently stepped into the world of film making. I do not do it for a job it is a hobby. I am a mechanic by profession however I do enjoy the entire film making process from writing to post production. So I hope that I can make some friends, learn some cool things about film making and make some awesome films.

Hey is that a Wide adapter on you canon , or are you just happy to be here? :)

Seriously though, is it a Rynox? or some other brand? Im thinking I need one..

I have a few scripts written how ever I am coming up short on actors and I still have a few things I want to figure out. Such as some lighting tips for a night time shoot and how to make my digital shot shots look abit more like film

sounds like were in a similar "place"

Lighting takes research and practice, but for most things, just shoot in the day. Get some daylight light bulbs for fill for inside the house and use lots of window light.

For fun go shoot some footage in the "magic hour" sunset\sunrise .. its amazing how beautiful everything comes out with that long light. I was just following the kids around last weekend and there are some shots that look like a million bucks, just because of the light..

Back