• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Takashi Tanemori (Hiroshima Bombing Documentary)

A couple of weeks ago we were given the privilege to meet the author/artist Takashi Tanemori and were able to connect with his wisdom and life journey to attain a peaceful heart after going through the tragic Hiroshima Bombing. After losing almost everything in his youth in this event, we learned about the powers of harmony over hatred from this hero of forgiveness, within ourselves and to spread to each and all of mankind.

We decided to quickly make a documentary during the few hours he visited to show the world his words that leave a substantial call in our lives. I didn't know much about the rule of thirds, B-roll, and much of a documentary's basic rules, being a first attempt at the documentary style, but we were still able to capture the essence and power of this man's colossal journey. I hope you all enjoy it and help give constructive feedback.

http://youtu.be/DHzlYbwFHs4

If you're interested in Takashi Tanemori's life, regardless if you like our film, you can go ahead and visit his website at this link or check out his book, Hiroshima: Bridge to Forgiveness.

Well, it gave me a lot to think about.

It's something I've always wondered- why is America held in such regard by many Japanese people, and why do so many people move from Japan to live in America? The atomic bombs are one of the most terrible and evil things in the whole of history- motivated by America's desire to bring a country to its knees by doing irreperable damage- the same method that was used later in Vietnam.

These were not just attacks on the enemy that resulted in citizen casualties, they were planned to destroy everything- people, children, homes, culture- the destruction of a city not only kills people but it wipes away the evidence of their lifes work.

His story is so sad- that he had so much hate and so much anger, and no way to get revenge or show his feelings- his only way to survive was to forgive. This is the same hate that leads people to suicide or to leading suicidal attacks on the people who oversaw their misery, but he survived.

To suppress so many emotions is incredible, but where does it leave us? America has a habit of portraying itself as a good nation- in films and in the media it whitewashes its dark past. There are many ventures of the American military in history that are completely unreported. The only people who can tell us the real story are the people who are affected, or they risk the world forgetting some of the most important things that have ever happened.

I didn't understand the documentary when it turned to the lady who runs the forgiveness thing. Why does that matter? I don't care what she thinks, I care what Takeshi Tanemori thinks, because he is the one who had the strength to lead himself out of the most violent betrayal that can befall a person. This story isn't lighting the beacon for religion, and for hypocrites that consider everyone who has suffered to be a charity case, it's lighting the beacon for an immensely strong man who saved himself.

Many of the actions of America in the past are unforgivable- the same as many of the actions of Britain. But here, we don't pride ourselves on the ability to forget them.

Back