• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

synopsis Synopsis :)

Hi... So I've done few short films before but I never wrote synopsis because... I just had no reason, I never sent anything t festivals, I am the YouTube guys. But I made a little short I would like to try to one festival and they ask for BRIEF and LONG synopsis... So I had to...

Can you please watch and then read or read and then watch or read only the synopsis?...
Should I write how the film ends? or write it without ending? I basically wrote the whole action (they wanted 250 words... and it's 4mins short :weird: )

Would be appreciated :)

Films: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIvYLmZ6OiA

Brief Synopsis:
One sunny morning a jogger discovers a mysterious box with a curse that will hunt him by a Dark Guard.

Long Synopsis
1666 a woman accused for witchcraft is being chased by a man in a black robe known as the Dark Guard. The witch runs through the woods where she hides a cursed box within the bushes when suddenly we see her being beheaded by the Dark Guard...

Modern Day. One sunny day a jogger goes for a morning jog around the nearby woods. He notices weird noises coming from his mp3 player... After he removes his earphones, the strange noises get louder, and seem to be coming from the bushes. Curious, he gets closer and searches through some leafs and finds an old mysterious box. The jogger brings the box home and tries to open it, but he doesn't know he is already being hunted by the curse. With no success in opening the box, he leaves it on the table. When he walks off he suddenly hears a noise... Some strange language uttering in the distance, coming from behind. He turns around and sees the box opened. He finds a letter with words that do not make sense to him. Unimpressed he puts the letter back to the box and closes it.
The next night the man sleeping in a bed wakes up to loud bangs coming from downstairs... Curious and slightly scared of what that may be, he walks around the house, when he is suddenly paralysed by the curse of the Witch that possesses him when he’s then stubbed by the Dark Knight that follows whenever the witch comes to life by possessing anyone who opens the box...

Last edited:
With titles like ”Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters” and the upcoming title ” The Last Witch Hunter” this genre is especially popular these days. I”d advise you to go for it! Best of luck!:)

Back