• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Superb Question......

Y

yatesy_2k4

Hey ya'll :D

My mate asked me this question as im in his drama question and I thought it was an absolute superb question in my view because it brings out people characters themselves from what there answer is so here is the question.

If you have a full scale production setup, unlimited funds etc. What casting members would you have eg. Denzel Washington. For each one give a reason and the role you would have them play. You must state at least 5 people you would have in your film

here's my answer

That's a hard question but I've got a few people in mind.

1.) RObert Deniro is a given. He's just a great actor. Once Upon a Time in America, The Untouchables, Deer Hunter, and Taxi Driver are just great films.
2.) Al Pacino is another given with films such as Scarface, The Godfather, and Heat.
3.)Harvey Kietel is another actor I'd use. Taxi Driver Reservior Dogs, and Pulp Fiction were instant classics. He was also in one of my favorites, a film not many people have heard of called Bad Lieutenant.
4.)Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite actors. American Beauty and Ususal Suspects were great films. He's a very talented actor.
5.) Samuel L. Jackson is another favorite of mine. He was great in Pupl Fiction and, Jackie Brown.

Well there's my two cents. How about you? Who would you pick?

Well, my list might seem a little scattered. I appreciate different individuals for different reasons. Just because someone has primarily been in screwball comedies, doesn't mean they couldn't hold their own in an emotionally draining drama ... or visa versa.

First and foremost, if I could get him, Tom Hanks. Quite simply because he is the greatest actor alive. He has the "everyman" quality people identify with. He can become characters. Plus, if my screenplay sucks, I know he could carry the movie with little to no dialogue and a volleyball.

Other people I admire and would enjoy working with:

Steve Buscemi - Even though he sometimes falls into the pit of the Hollywood Blockbuster, he is a very creative actor and is willing to get into almost any role.

Jim Carrey - This guy is hungry to be remembered for more than elastic facial contortions. I know he's gonna be brilliant in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. He was brilliant in Man on the Moon. Sure he'll always do the slapstick/screwball comic fare, but he will be remembered as an actor who could do more.

Naomi Watts - I recently saw 21 Grams. Of the 3 leads, I think did the worst job, but she is fearless it seems. She's got The Ring 2 and King Kong coming up, but let's hope she doesn't get away from these roles that showcase her talent.

Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, & Andy Serkis - They could be like the new Three Stooges. Serkis could be the new Moe, mean and nasty always out to hurt the other two. Astin could be the new Curley, he is after all the fat hobbit. Wood could be the new Larry, along for the ride, no real need for him. And I would guest star as the new Shemp, I look damn good with oily, slicked back hair.

Plus, I could make Serkis do my Voice Mail message as Gollum and Smeagol arguing over if I was home or not.

Nicole Kidman - She is stunningly gorgeous. If I was to ever do a movie where I needed a "perfect woman", she would be second on the list ... right after my wife.

Alec Baldwin - I'd make him leave America like he promised he'd do.

Ben Stiller and Friends - I'd make them to a bunch of parodies of movies.

William H. Macy - like Hanks, he's an everyman.

Kevin Smith - I'd do a movie where no one talks but him. Don't think it would be good, go rent An Evening With Kevin Smith. That dude could carry a movie.

I'd work with ...

Harrison Ford on Indiana Jones and the New Director.
Tom Green on an improvisational version of Hamlet.
Topher Grace on a Michael J. Fox biopic.
David Spade on Tommy Boy 2: Fat Ghost in a Little Grave.
Heather Graham on a movie based on the character of Rollergirl from Boogie Nights.

Poke

The cast

This is deceptively hard question. The truth is I'm not a fan of big star actors and wouldn't use them, even if I could afford them. My motto is "make stars, don't hire them."

However that said, there are a group of screen actors I'd like to work, unfortuately they're almost all dead:

1) Gregory Peck
2) Rod Steiger
3) James Stewart
4) Sidney Poitier
5) Alec Guiness

If had to work with modern actors:

1) Christopher Eccleston
2) David Threfall
3) Robert Lepage
4) Tilda Swinton
5) Ben Kingsley

These guys are without doubt the best actors in the world today. They are, of course, all English, apart for Robert Lepage, who is French Canadian

Well I'm not going to reiterate most of whats here, it seems like ya'll have covered it.

I do however think there are a couple of actors who deserve mention that come to me right now -

1. Robert Downey Jr. - Yeah he's had problems, but who hasn't. The dude is still as good as they come, and can carry almost any role.

2. Phil Hoffman - Awesome. From the derranged killer to sucking on the end of a pen as Scotty.

3. Bill Macy - He reads every word you put in the script with correct dramatic emphasis. I'll keep that in mind when writing his dialogue.

4. Sarah Polly - since Adventures of Baron Munchausen and Go I can't get her out of my head.

5. Julianne Moore and Heather Graham - fantastic and versatile, both terrific actors.

6. Gloria Swanson - Ok just a fantasy but I'll be damned if she isn't one of the best acresses ever. In keeping with that fantasy I like Erich Von Stroheim, Jimmy Stewart and Sir John Gielgud... I'm drifting off now... zzzzz... Clark Gable, The Duke...snooooore... Jimmy Cagny......................Bogey.... Bergman......Greenstreet.............................................Fairbanks Sr...................................Spencer Tracy... drooling on the pillow now.

7. Sam Neill - Awesome. Strong but also versatile. Similarly Martin Short and Adam Sandler.

8. crap this could go on forever. I think I'll stop now. Gary Sinese. Eddie Murphy. Denzel. tom cruise. wait I think I'm back in dremland again. But I guess thats kind of all of filmmaking, you enter the dream and someday you wake up and you're either making features with these stars or you're on your a** counting fallen change on the sidewalks.

Not so simple as it seems

This is weird. I have made my behind the scenes team before, but never my actors, but here goes the Dream Cast for "Fang".

Robert Smith: Haley Joel Osmond- He's a phenominal actor and I feel he could portray the tragic evolution of Robert's nature unbelievably well.

Sheryl Woods: Jordana Brewster- I feel that she can carry the subtext of the hidden pain and fear of abandonment that hides under Sheryl's practically perfect exterior. There is also a desire for me to see her take the heartless and scheming actions that Sheryl takes to push the plot into full swing. Plus it wouldn't be difficult to see how Robert could fall so hard for her.

Dr. Douglas Burke: Morgan Freeman- No one else seems to see the ominous villany that this guy pours over most every role he's in. I don't trust him and I feel that he would pull the hate and resentment from the audience as Robert's "psuedo-father"

Javier Ortega: Wilmer Valderrama- When I picture the lone Wolf that Javier is I see Wilmer perfectly. The way that the kindness and loyalty that he portrays to Robert and yet the coldness and brutality that he projects to the outside world collide would mesh well in a character actor like Wilmer.

Sergeant Harrison Grazer: Micheal Biehn- I've been seeing this actor playing this character since I first forged this idea in my head. Honestly, I don't think anyone would need convincing on this guy playing a disbelieving, no-nonsense Army man only to discover that this is not the terrorist attack that he forced himself to believe it was.

I guess I could belt out the other roles of significance in this film:

Deborah Singer: Clea Duvall
Jay Marshal: Matthew Lillard
Edward (Butch) Cassidy: Tom Wellings
Richard Moore: Shawn Ashmore

I'm taking this road to avoid posting too much (especially about my lead) on the Net about this project until I get it made.

William J Long III

I have a screenplay called "Indigo Bell" that I've thought up a dream cast for, though my choices are probably a little unconventional.

The dream cast includes:

Joanna Garcia (from Reba) - I think she's got a knack for comedy and is very beautiful, but not too beautiful.

Lyle Lovett - I'm a huge fan of Lyle Lovett's music, but beyond that, he's got an incredible sense of humor and is quite funny in his own right. His unconventional looks help, of course. When I wrote the character, I shaped him after Lovett. And he's from Texas, so that gives him extra points with me.

George Eads (from CSI) - As the "boyfriend/fiance" for Indigo Bell, he gets the nod because he's a fellow Texas Tech alum (even though his CSI character is an A&M alum for some reason) and is also from Dallas. The character I've envisioned is a former Permian Panther football player, and I think he can pull that off with no problems.

Mary Steenburgen (Time After Time, etc.) - As the George Eads' character's mother, she gets the nod because she's from the same tiny home town in Arkansas that my mother hails from. Because of that, Steenburgen has always been kind of a favored actor for the family. And I've always thought she was good (and she's been in some of my favorite movies).

Bruce McGill (Matchstick Men, etc.) - He could so easily play the father of a Permian Panther. As a Texan, he's got the being a Texan thing down. The guy is in everything, and he's always very good.

Burton Gilliam (Blazing Saddles, among others) - He's actually one of my neighbors, so it makes sense to try a find a place for him. He's so often stolen the show in small parts in so many movies and has uttered some of the greatest lines in movie history.

I think, in a way, I think somewhat small (I would never include a Robert DeNiro, for example) because I can never imagine a huge star wanting to do anything I'd ever do. Even in just an exercise in fantasy, I can't imagine it.

1) Woody Allen- Just because he is brilliant and more nuerotic than me.
2) Tom Green- He totally took people by surprise with Freddy Got Fingered, I loved it, think he should make Freddyn Got Fingered Twice or something.
3) Andy Kaufman- If only he were alive, we would not know what to expect next.
4) Will Ferrell- He seems commited to the work.
5) Bob Dylan- He was in a couple of movies, Masked and Anymous was great, and because he influences me. Don't ask me how.
there's others but you said five. (smiley face)

If we were talking about sceenwriting, I would like to colaborate with Charlie Kaufman, his stuff is just imaginative, creative, it's just phenominal.

Back