• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Suicidio Asistido- a short film

That was brilliant, really. Very Tarentino but well executed. The edit was maybe a little awkward in places but for your first go at dialogue you did a great job! Please make more, it was a clever idea.

thanks alot! it was so much fun. im writing my next one now. editing is def. not my forte and it was a little hard since i had to sync up the sound with the video

Not counting forensic investigation, the CIA recording everything they handle, and other little tid bits I really liked it. :)

Very non-sensical plot, but interesting regardless. :)

Lighting was conspiciously non-uniform, btw. I'm sure you noticed while editing, though.

Next, please. :cool:

Pretty darn good.

Now, challenge yourself. You basically shot a standard Over The Shoulder conversation scene, with a bunch of cutaways. That's about the easiest shoot I can imagine.

Not trying to cut you down. Cuz actually, I think you shot (and edited) it well. My main point is that I think you're selling yourself short with this kind of material. Give us something more. Get your characters out and about, doing stuff. That's what your audience wants to see.

Not bad at all. I agree there were a few awkward edits but overall this was quite entertaining. Some of the shots looked really great. I'm sure you know the ones! Glad you shared.

thanks for the support and comments. some cuts definitely felt weird, but im getting better.

craker funk: so true, i really wanted other shots, but ended up using those to make sure it looked alright and made sense.

...to make sure it looked alright and made sense.

It does. But you can do more. Obviously, I intend that as a compliment. I think, especially in your first few shorts, you shouldn't worry so much about it being perfect, but worry more about the learning process. Don't be afraid to make mistakes; do stuff that you think you can probably pull off, but you're not quite sure.

Anyway, nice work. Good luck on your next!

I liked it. Great job. I agree that lighting could have been better on a few things. One thing I kept thinking is that a shallow DOF would have been better in the Resturant. Maybe a shot of the smoke cloud from the guys cigerette would have been cool too. Show him smoking. Maybe have them drinking beer as well. I think some drinking would have made it seem more realistic have the actors actually drink some beer. I think that would have added to the vibe. I did get a Tarentino type thing feel about this scene too.

I liked the music you had. It made me think they were at a Mexican restaurant. But I did not see any major clues that it really was a Mexican restaurant in the video.

I agree that the cut away to the girl working in a office seemed kinda weird and the lighting was poor for that scene too. Maybe you should redo that part to something better.

I think you did a good job with the camera it looked really good. Keep up the good work.

I think the lead actor did good delivering his lines. The supporting actor that was his friend at the restaurant could have done better. Some of his responses to the other guys lines just did not sound natural to me. If you have the ablity to re do the scene I would redo it and pay attention to his preformance maybe have him rehearse that more. If he can't do a good enough job maybe consider finding a different actor. But overall it was a great job for a first film. You did so good that it made me want the quality to be even higher. So great job.

Last edited:
don't just cut after a small zoom out (0.17) what seems like you are going to zoom out for at least 2 seconds..

u gave them the scripts on their hands during shoot!!! and people see them clearly in the last minute!! look man, u did a great job with story, dialogues and location.. camera angels were quite good.. the lead character just read the script.. i mean, I was thinking during watching the film 'this guy got the script on his hand'..and he really had ..

I am sorry to say that lead character looked like he is ACTING while he is READING... apart from that nice job indeed...u need to careful about the lighting next time..

thnx for sharing..we want to see the next one more better.. good luck..

I am sorry to say that lead character looked like he is ACTING while he is READING... apart from that nice job

You are right he did. I did not notice it tell you mentioned it. But he keeps looking down at the newspaper and that was kinda strange. Obviously reading from script on newspaper.

thanks for the criticism guys, next time i will definitely pay more attention to these things.

about the music, im glad you got it. And your right, I shouldve made more reference to mexican lookig things etc.
About the actor, we gave him the script 2 weeks ahead, but didnt read it at all.

Back