• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

StorySkeleton - My New iPhone app for screenplay planning

Hello, I've just published a new iPhone app to help screenwriters create the structure for their projects, and I want to get feedback from writers: http://www.storyskeleton.com

For any writers out there, I'd love to hear what you think. The idea behind StorySkeleton is that you don't want to be doing full-on writing on your phone, it's easier to write in short bursts, quick notes, and reminders for yourself. That's the same reason a lot of screenwriters carry a stack of index cards around with them, so they can jot down plot point ideas wherever they are, and eventually have a full script structured out on a small deck of index cards.

That index card idea is what StorySkeleton tries to imitate, and I think the iPhone is the perfect form factor for it! If you do try it out, please let me know what you think, and feel free to send any suggestions or comments either on this thread or through the 'feedback' button. I'm not really trying to spam here, the idea is to improve StorySkeleton as much as possible for the people who use it.

Thanks!
-David Sweetman

Back