Step 1: Research... 21 from Liverpool, UK

Hey there everyone, I'm Mick. Completely new to film making. I've got absolutely no experience in filming or directing, but everyone starts at that point, so that's no big problem.

I work as a web programmer, but I write for a music reviews website, and have a number of contacts in that scene. I think it would be great to film for bands. I've seen the idea thrown around a lot, but never really understood what bands could need, aside from a music video.

I'm doing my research to find a camera to buy (first and foremost), and to learn the fundamentals. This forum looks like it'll be a great place to start. I've been reading around here all day.

I've been looking around for a couple of days now, and I'm pretty set on the idea of getting a HV30. I would have got a HV20, because it would be cheaper, but I can't find one in the UK at all! I need to wait for a week or so, till pay day, then I'll probably be buying from B and H or Amazon. Unless someone can point me towards a better vendor.

Get used to seeing my name, I'm going to be asking so many questions when I get started, haha

Back