• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Spot a weirdness..

Ok, I might have f**ked up a little bit, but wonder if it is as bad as I think it is...

Do you see anything weird about this short clip that i'm working on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxQUN1gFIOk :weird:

It seems that the bullet takes a long time to get to her from such a short distance away. Also, when you reverse the angle, it looks like she has gone backwards a bit. She was running away from camera and should have covered more distance than her position indicates when the angle reverses.

I'd also add that I don't really believe it - I've never been shot, but I'm sure if someone shot me in the stomach, there'd be some blood, and I'm sure it would hurt a lot more than just an annoying pain. I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be able to continue running...

How did it hit her stomach when she was facing the opposite direction..? Also as Lucky_Harwood said it seems to take a while for her to react

Edit: spelt lucky hardwood wrong
She seems to be holding her stomach in pain quite a bit; assuming she got shot in the back and it didn't puncture right through, I'd have thought she'd be holding her back in pain moreso than her stomach...

Last edited:
I'll tell you what's weird -- you giving a damn about this on your birthday. Sheeeeeiiiiit. I guess that shows how dedicated you are. Cheers, bro, I hope it was a good one! :yes:

Anyway, yeah the editing is a bit off. Sure, there's the stuff other people mentioned. But what I noticed is that she magically changes location, over and over. She's near, she's far, she's right, she's left. Trampy biatch can teleport!

I'm not sure about the rhythm of her footsteps. Difficult to tell just by watching a youtube clip, but I suspect it's off. Also, I feel like the first cut is begging to be cut on action. The rest of the cuts, I dunno, I'd have to see the footage to be able to comment on how it could be done differently. Then again, if I saw the footage, I'd just be editing it. ;)

Ah perfect!
So pretty much everyone missed what i was worried about.

Yes, footsteps are off, and the guns isn't in a guy's hand.. I don't worry about that because all that is n easy fix for me.

What my biggest issue was a cut where a guy gets out of a car and his close up of pointing a gun. Look at the backgrounds. These two different shots where taken at different locations.
But since nobody noticed that - I'm not as worried about it.

Thank you!

CF: yep, i did some filmmaking on my bday :) time lapse video shot from 530am to 630pm at Pike Place Market in the rain.. Fun day :)

Definitely did not notice change in background. Even with you pointing it out, and actively watching for it, I think they are similar enough, you're fine.

Now, stop working and drink a beer! :cheers:

Back