Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 Suite

So I'm wondering if anyone is currently using this software? As I have a dilemma. Ive been using the trial of Vegas Pro 10 which seems to handle great with virtual no lag on my pc. Well the trial ended and now I'm using whats left of the trial of movie studio 10. The weird thing is, movie studio is practically coughing up blood in comparison when editing. I would have thought both programs would have the same backbone? The footage I'm editing is from my Canon T3i and I'm aware of how troublesome this can be to edit on most machines, but after flawlessly editing with Pro 10 trial, then switching to movie studio only to get a dieing goat, I just don't see whats going on here. Any thoughts?

Here are my PC specs, which should be irrelevant since it worked fine with Pro.

amd quad 3.1ghz
1tb 7200rpm hdd
1gb ati dedicated video card
2 x 4gb gskill ddr3 1600 dual channel ram
Vista 64 bit

Now what really gets me, is I've already ordered the studio 10 suite, $75 from amazon right now, as soon as the pro 10 ran out because I simply cant afford Pro 10...:grumpy: "Gahegahergerg" (Red vs Blue quote)

I have worked with Vegas Studio versions 6 through 10, and you will want to move to Pro as soon as you can afford it. They had a good deal recently and I jumped over, even after buying Studio 10 just a couple of months before. No regrets.

Given your machine specs, I am surprised at the depth of the problem you describe. I was getting some delays and lack of synch on a dual Centrino laptop with 4Gb, but never so bad as to be unusable.

Check your virtual disk size in Vista. It might benefit from being able to load more into RAM.

Well, I gave the virtual ram a try with no luck. I also un-overclocked my pc and took it back down to 3 cores. I even uninstalled all possible codecs including quicktime and getting the newest version. Installed the latest version of FFdshow tryouts and updated my videocard to the latest drivers. I just hope when I get my suite that it will pull a miracle and work the way it should....Or I could be looking at a total system restore from scratch. Sure I suppose I could try to convert everything to avi but since I've seen what pro 10 can do, that should not have to happen. Oh well.

Ohhh, I wish that was the case. They only offer one version. Which you are probably onto something because the Vegas Pro was a 64 bit download but the studio had no specifications...which would tell me its 32 bit....I really hope in the suite there is a 64 bit install option because thats probably it. Great....Thank you for the simple mind opener. Ha, I'm probably doomed for sure to convert to avi now.

Ok, I just thought I would share this....because If I had seen this I probably would have got it over the Studio 10.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/748275-REG/Sony_SVDVD10OEM2_Vegas_Pro_10_Slip.html

This is Sony Vegas Pro 10, in a slip sleeve from Bhphotoandvideo for only $220! Thats $300 bucks less than the boxed version! It seems to be the exact same thing as well...What the heck...

Wait I can do better... http://www.adorama.com/SOSVDVD100EM.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Shopping%20Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=gbase $199 jeez

Last edited:
Back