• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

SONY Vegas Movie Studio 7 + DVD Plat = $59 shipped AR

The $30 rebate does require proof of legal ownership of any one of the following products --

MAGIX video deLuxe, MAGIX Movies to CD & DVD, Pinnacle Studio, Pinnacle Studio 9.0, Pinnacle Studio 9.0 Plus, Pinnacle Studio 9.0 Media Suite, Pinnacle Studio 10.5, Pinnacle Studio 10.5 Titanium Edition, Pinnacle Systems, Ulead Video Studio, Roxio VideoWave, Nova Development Video Explosion, Broderbund MovieShop, Adobe Premier Elements, Apple Final Cut Express 2.0, Apple Final Cut Pro 4.0 or Apple iLife.

Still, if you have any one of those, this would be worth it. Normal retail is $119 (I believe). Previous Vegas owners can upgrade for $49 (again, from what I remember). Rebate offer ends 1/10/07.

Actually John, if you click on the thing that says $59.99 after $30 Mail-in Rebate right below the price on that page or click here http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/Sony32-135-006Jan01Jan1007kl09.pdf you'll see its not only for upgraders.

But whats interesting is the upgrade rebate only requires a COPY of the upc from this purchase and can be combined with the other rebate... that means if you are upgrading its $29, and you get a full version boxed copy!

It's not what you think

I own that product and it's great. It's no Final Cut, but it handles surround sound very intuitively. Just make sure you are not mistaking this for Sony Vegas. This is the Movie Studio which is the lite version of Vegas. It has most things a filmmaker would need. The price is the same I payed at BestBuy so it's fine but not any special deal from what I've seen. With the rebate it's cheaper, but as mentioned there are stipulations with that.

It's a great product. The workflow is a bit different from Premier and Final Cut so there may be a learning curve there and I noticed it lacks sequences (the ability to make an entire complex timeline a clip and insert that into another timeline).

Back