software for sin city-type film?

which software is the best for animation? i want it to look like "Rennaisance" but not with so high contrast of black and white. i need more gray in it, like sin city. which one-or which combination of softwares-you think is the best?

computer's capabilities are not an issue. ;)

Here is my "Sin-City" Look Attempt, it could of been more like the movie if I had played with the B&W tolerances but I kept the Grey-scale as it was for a film challenge and I had limited amount of time to complete.
https://vimeo.com/106880843

I used Aftereffect with the Effects/Plug-ins - KeyLight, Elements 3D, and especially Magic Bullet Looks to get the look.

Main issue I had is you really have to control the light to get that crisp look, so test your shoot/VFX first before shooting everything as its hard to correct in post if something goes off-spec.

Is this a question about what software is best for animation? In that case we can have a very long discussion about software. Some free software to possibly look at would be Blender. For education use only you can use most of the software that autodesk makes so like maya and 3ds max and so on. There are a ton more. So...don't know if this is quite the answer you are wanting, but it's an answer to a question; whether or not thats the question you are asking is another question.

You need to learn to cooperate.
You are asking about software, but you may not be aware that Sin city wasn't made by 1 person who just learned the software. Everyone on the team had years of experience.

Or accept that after writing your script it will take you years to first earn and then make it.

Don't bother with a script.

I made a stop-motion in my late teens that really wasn't very good, but it was a good learning experience.
Since you don't have any experience in animating, you could either knock up some storyboards for a moving comic, or try to persevere with a 5 second clip of a man walking across a room.

What you're attempting to achieve is more immense than you can imagine, so start small, accomplish something and if you're happy at the end of it all, move onto something bigger... be warned though that starting and never finishing a project is a major bummer.

Back