• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Slow-Motion BMX - Sony FS100

This is a little something we knocked up in about 2 hours today! Really happy with the FS100. Haven't shot much with it but the footage is a beauty! Such a relief, shooting with this camera, coming from 2 years with a Canon T2i. Happy happy man.

Shot in S&Q Mode at 60fps @ 1080p.

https://vimeo.com/42470548

I love my FS100. Are you using any sort of rig for hand held shots? I've bought the Berkey Systems top plate, and handle. Makes things a little easier for me.

Hey Phil, which Glidecam are you using? I've been wanting the HD4000 with vest and arm. Are you using a vest and arm, or just handheld? If just hand held, how is it? Can you run for a while without getting tired? I want a steady cam rig so bad, but always hear about fatiguing. How it is without a vest.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
Hey Jeff,

This was the HD2000 without Vest. It does get quite tiring but i have been lifting weights regularly over the last months so its fine :P If you rest it during takes, even if its just 2-3 seconds, its alright!

Last edited:
Another question. When you were shooting this video. You mention the S&Q mode. It looks in the video that it is regular speed in some spots, then slows, and back to normal. Did you film the whole thing in S&Q? Or did you film at 60p, the do all the slowing in post? I'm curious as to how you did it.

Just finished checking out your timelapse tutorial. I have the fs100, and recently picked up a 60D, fr stills. I have an interest in HDR photography, and now I want to do HDR timelapse.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Jeff: The video was shot in S&Q mode, but i sped up some parts 2x to make it real speed. I chose to do it this way, because the quality drops in 60p in 1080p mode and it doesnt do that in S&Q. That's the only reason! The way you can slow down your footage, you can make it faster too!

Good luck on those Timelapses.

Knightly: Thank you very much!

Send emails to all your family and school friends!! (If you haven't already)

Explain why this project is so meaningful and important to you and what their donations mean!

Back