• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Shortfilm (the love you didn't gave me) raw edit, please feedback

Hi Guys,

Can you please give me some feedback for my shortmovie (6 minutes)?
I shot it monday and edited it the 2 next days. I normally still need to shoot 1 scene to make something more clear, but i want to see what you guys think allready.
Maybe extra info is not necessary, not sure. I hope it's not too cryptic.
All tips and critics are welcome.
It was a small project.. because of corona i couldn film the shortmovie i wanted.. so i made a new story last week. And i was alone onset with 1 actresse:

Last edited:
Like Unknown Screenwriter stated above, I'm glad it wasn't all doom and gloom. It was bleak, but with a hopeful ending that felt earned. Great visuals and use of special effects too. Nice work! Curious to see what the extra scene you want to shoot looks like.

@Unknown Screenwriter and @Team66 thank you both so much for the feedback.
The extra scene i normally wanted to do is: a scene with the young version of the actresse and her mother. In this scene you see that all the things she says to herself: you are a mistake, etc.. is coming from her mother. It's her mother that created her trauma (borderline) etc.
But i'm not sure if it's really necessary for the movie. What do you guys thinkg?
Or maybe I can just add a very short scene of the mother, just that you know where it is coming from (actually, the song itself tells it all). At the and she decided at last to cut the past. She decided to give love, a thing her mother never could..
Well, my english is quite bad, i hope you understand a bit what I meant.

Yea, I understand completely and to be honest, I don't think the extra scene is necessary. We already know the woman is suffering from trauma. I got the feeling the person who "never gave her love" was someone close to her anyway. (i.e. parent, ex, etc.) Unless it's your intention to make her mother the obvious person, I'd say everything can be inferred from what's already on screen. Again, nice work!

Back