• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Short Story idea

Hello guys.

The story is about a writer whos is obsessed with his new book. He has photofobia and spends most of the time in the room trying to get it finished. He is stuck and still has no ideas for the end of the story. He is so obsessed that the main characters enter in your insane reality and each one of them will try to convince him to write the glorious end for herself.
My idea is that in the end the writer is the protagonist of other person story but i still dont know the ending.

What do you guys think? Confused? Cliche? Thanks

Hello guys.

The story is about a writer whos is obsessed with his new book. He has photofobia and spends most of the time in the room trying to get it finished. He is stuck and still has no ideas for the end of the story. He is so obsessed that the main characters enter in your insane reality and each one of them will try to convince him to write the glorious end for herself.
My idea is that in the end the writer is the protagonist of other person story but i still dont know the ending.

What do you guys think? Confused? Cliche? Thanks

I think you've actually got the ending: the realization that the writer is in fact a fiction character of another writer.
It's interesting.
Feel your characters and stay out of the clshe, pl!

I think the other characters, play a role in his realization that he is a fiction character of another writer..
I don't know..
Otherwise how do you get to the "realization" ending?
They are a good vehicle for that
I don't know..

Break the fourth wall a lot. Keep it light and maybe the ending could be that he doesnt actually have an ending for his story. He can say so something like "what kind of horrible author can't think of an ending" and then wrap up the story. Just a suggestion

How about the characters are real people, he perceives as his fictional characters. And they are reading the book, reading him. The thoughts the real people have, he perceives as them trying to influence him writing about them....

wow... It's getting really interesting

we end up in parallel realities here

Depends how you execute it. It's got potential

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like we are doing more bad than good lol but I have another idea. The story that he writes is coming true, but only he can see it. Then he realizes that it's because he isn't actually writing a story, he's living one that someone else is writing

I have nothing well decided yet. Just some notes in a paper and I will just write a script when I know what i want. I'm just sure that i want something that play with 2 different worlds, something noir horror.

Last edited:
Back