• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Short Horror Film "The Cellar" :)

This short is a little old, in fact the filming took place in December 2011, but I just signed up to this forum and wanna see people's opinions.

Anyway, I decided why not. It's under 5 minutes long, so don't worry :)
It was the first 'major' film I have made, with semi-pro equip.

For best audio and visual quality, watch in 1080p HD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-doWGUyyY6M&feature=relmfu

Me and 2 other friends all rotated in directing, being the camera operator, and recording the sound/audio.

On top of that, I personally came up with the story and wrote the screenplay (script+made a story board, as well as edited (audio+visual) the whole thing :D

I'm only 18 but it's a passion of mine, and I will soon make more shorts and maybe even upload them here :)

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

BONUS:

BEHIND THE SCENES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAbIt2lgV4Q

TRAILER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzYcQilbeBI

Additional info:

Originally the baby carriage was supposed to be flipped on its side when she comes in from the cellar, but then she would run to check on the baby and not pick up the phone.

A lot of the things that were in the screenplay was cut out since we had no time to film it. Originally, it was supposed to be longer, including more screen time in the cellar.

But even that 4.5 mins of filming took us a grueling 19 hours. I woke up at 6am, went to bed at 5am. So besides being on-set for almost 20 hours, we had three 15 min food breaks :P

The music was just picked out to seem scary and like said, it's a very "American horror" movie with that kind of music.

I was actually less satisfied with the short when I made it a year ago, now it's grown on me. If i had to do it again, I would definitely change a lot.

Also, since this was my first short film of this nature, we wanted to go as simple as possible, and just create a basic horror movie, nothing too artistic like A Beautiful Mind of Shutter Island, etc. :P We were focusing on practical learning like on-set communication skills etc.

Although I do see, and agree it is a very flat storyline and honestly (maybe because I wrote it) I don't find it scary.

I'm more proud of the fact I did a project like this rather than the actual plot/music/content.

Let me know what ya'll think! Thanks!!

PS.

Here is my youtube link: youtube.com/KamTraczyk.. i have almost 60 self made vids, from music videos, to commericals, to 3d animations (cinema 4D) , to tutorials, to vlogs, even camera testing/post prod. editing tests, etc. etc., check some out if you have time..
And also, some people don't have a youtube acc. and can't subscribe, so I made a facebook "fanpage" a month or two ago, so if you don't wanna check back all the time, just "like" the page and you'll be updated on your home newsfeed! facebook.com/KamTraczykFilms

Back