• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Documentary on Depression.

Hey everyone,

For over a year I suffered from depression, but have always been interested in film for as long as I could remember. I am now 19 and go to film school.

I directed a short documentary with the aim of raising awareness to the severity of depression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6VYwu_bmas&feature=g-upl

Hope you like it, and I'm open to thoughts and criticism. I do aim to make a feature length version capturing many other aspects of depression.

Please share it. :)

That was really good! Obviously, I don't mean enjoyable to watch- I mean it was really well made. It also seemed to capture your point well without going on too much or explaining to little. Other people do films like this and it begins to be all about them rather than tackling a problem that is relevant to many people who suffer from the same thing.

People in Australia can be bloody horrible racists, can't they! I keep hearing more and more about how badly people can be treated for their lineage.

That was really good! Obviously, I don't mean enjoyable to watch- I mean it was really well made. It also seemed to capture your point well without going on too much or explaining to little. Other people do films like this and it begins to be all about them rather than tackling a problem that is relevant to many people who suffer from the same thing.

People in Australia can be bloody horrible racists, can't they! I keep hearing more and more about how badly people can be treated for their lineage.

Thanks! Yeah I know what you mean. The subject didn't want to delve too much into about why exactly he was considered an outsider. I think it was too personal, all I know was that it had something to do with their background, but also their religion.

Good job. This is very well made and overall a great short documentary. Although one thing I did notice was that if you added music or a subtle background track during the time when the guy was talking it would make the interview part a bit better, in my opinion.

One thing I really liked was how the text acted throughout the video.

Well done.

Back