• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Action Scene

It's not meant to be taken seriously or anything. I made this video to test out action sfx such as gunshots, fire, explosions and so on. I need the practice because i am currently making a Fallout (Video Game) Fan Film, inspired by the popular Wayside Creation's video Fallout:Nuka Break.

Anyway, i'd appreciate it if you could give me a bit of feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9fRg7GZe3Q

Thank you for your time and i'd be very greatful if you have a youtube account to like and leave any comments you feel are constructive. If you like my videos then subscribe so you can see our Fallout Film when it comes out! Thanks, James :)

Hey man, I think you're doing good for your age.

Constructive criticism:
Muzzle flashes were ok, but they need to cast light.
Dirt hits didn't sell me, I think it was the color.
Most important things, get a tripod and a microphone. Great effects are pointless without great video.

Before you work on anymore effects or a fan film you might consider working on some movie basics. Camera stabilization, framing, audio recording/mixing, coloring, etc. This is a great place to learn it!

By the way, HOW did you get ads to run in your video with copyright music in there? YouTube is making me jump through hoops providing paperwork that we have rights to our legal stock music and custom compositions.

Good video, but audio is barely understandable and the muzzle flares and dirt hit effects need to be adjusted with lighting and color. You should also think about getting some kind of stabilization for the camera. Otherwise, I think you did really good with the video.

Thanks for the criticism guys, yeah i figured to use a tripod next time. Especially after trying to position that grenade explosion every keyframe!

There are technical problems with the film (as already pointed out) but the film is entertaining and you certainly have a good eye for action.

By the way, HOW did you get ads to run in your video with copyright music in there? YouTube is making me jump through hoops providing paperwork that we have rights to our legal stock music and custom compositions.

There may be ads, but I'm sure the OP isn't getting any revenue from them. The owner of copyrighted content has several options for youtube to do when it detects said material on upload.

1) Do not allow the upload. Viacom goes this route which is why you will never ever see a clip from the Daily Show or anything from MTV on youtube.

2) Allow the upload but put ads on the video to generate revenue for the copyright holder. You'll see this with a lot of music where it links to buy the song on itunes.

3) Simply allow it.

I'm guessing #2 is what's going on with the OP's video.

Back